Who should our next HC be?

23 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Weren't those just reporters throwing crap against the wall like all of us are? I don't think they know anything more than anyone else.

They might know a portion of the story not the whole story. It’s likely a much bigger picture.

52 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Agree. Who is the current coach that is in a similar situation as Whittingham was back then?  G5 guys Chadwell, Monken, Calhoun, Gus Ma;zahn.  - P5 guys maybe Gundy, Stoops, Campbell, Kiffin.  At this point I don't want Campbell.  Gundy is a fixture at OSU and probably isn't leaving.  I think the same is true of Stoops at Ky.   

Aranda, Leipold, Kleinman, Bielema, Kiffin, Fickell, DeBoer  are all in the process of building something and very well may want to sit this cycle out.  The same may be true of Gus M at UCF.   

Trev may think he needs at higher profile guy than the G5 guys outside of Gus - who has had the P5 experience. 

If I was a betting guy, I would be betting on Rhule or Bill O'Brien - both without the burden of being a current HC and that type of contract hanging over them. -  OR  one of the current G5 guys - my preference would be Chadwell or Gus if it is G5.  

It’s a monumental assignment for Alberts. Hafley is another that  I thought might be a legitimate candidate earlier. His season hasn’t went well. 

1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Weren't those just reporters throwing crap against the wall like all of us are? I don't think they know anything more than anyone else.

there’s a difference between reporting and editorial that a lot of people lose sight of during coaching searches because there’s a lot of overlap. 

I can say with a high degree of certainty that report was legit. There’s been contact between those guys and someone involved with the search committee. Has there been an offer? Probably not, but it’s probably the first real piece of news. 

Feldman and a few other guys make a living breaking news, not speculating. Like I said, he probably knows more than he’s confirming here but he doesn’t want to put up too much smoke and ruin the search process for Trev and not get the scoop. 

• Plus1 3
27 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Why hasn't the name Willie Fritz been thrown out there for conversation?  WE have named about every coach that has done something in the last 10 years, but him?

He is like myself a Pittsburg State alum too! I love it!

• Oh Yeah! 1
32 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Why hasn't the name Willie Fritz been thrown out there for conversation?  WE have named about every coach that has done something in the last 10 years, but him?

I like Fritz. He was 1/3 finalists for Kansas last year. Guy I’d like to see get a shot in the P5 if it isn’t here. 

2 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

It has, I'm just too lazy to look through the (looks over page) 493 other pages.

I mean, just look at me from now through November 27th. And the thought of it possibly being longer? Drains that mental juice.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Plus1 1