Who should our next HC be?

No reporters know anything, they’ll all be surprised like they were with Riley…. I hate their “I’m hearing” bullshart, they are all clueless my odds are as follows:

+250 Jamey Chadwell

+275 Lane Kiffin

+350 Luke Fickell
+ 420 Matthew “Leaves Us Once Franklin Bounces Out of State College” Rhule

+500 Mickey
+575 Matt Campbell’s Tomato Soup

+ “Seven Fitty” Monken

+ 1/2 a Ton Lance “I’d rather have Wisconsin” Leipold

+ Your Mom’s Weight(eleven fitty) ~ Any Stoops

+ 1250 Urban “Grinding on Your Daughters” Meyer

had to edit to fix Wiscy Lance’s odds

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, bisonwiches said:

No reporters know anything, they’ll all be surprised like they were with Riley…. I hate their “I’m hearing” bullshart, they are all clueless my odds are as follows:

+250 Jamey Chadwell

+275 Lane Kiffin

+350 Luke Fickell
+ 420 Matthew “Leaves Us Once Franklin Bounces Out of State College” Rhule

+500 Mickey
+575 Matt Campbell’s Tomato Soup

+ “Seven Fitty” Monken

+ 1/2 a Ton Lance “I’d rather have Wisconsin” Leipold

+ Your Mom’s Weight(eleven fitty) ~ Any Stoops

+ 1250 Urban “Grinding on Your Daughters” Meyer

had to edit to fix Wiscy Lance’s odds

What, no odds on I.M. FlatBrim?

• TBH 1

My question is,  of all the schools looking for head coaches why does it seem like Nebraska is getting the worst publicity.  Like they are getting s#!t because they are "wondering around".  Have any other schools, that fired their coaches shortly after Nebraska, hired new coaches?  Not that I am aware of because the damn season isn't over.  Why the hate on Nebraska?

If Feldman's list/report is accurate, ugh. Very lackluster list, with the exception of Rhule (maybe). I agree with Bisonwiches, Rhule would bolt for Pedo State once Franklin gets canned. Too bad we couldn't just entice Franklin so Rhule can go home. 

I still have a gut feeling that Aranda is the guy. I know, I know, "but Sip said.........." just a hopeful wish is all.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

My question is,  of all the schools looking for head coaches why does it seem like Nebraska is getting the worst publicity.  Like they are getting s#!t because they are "wondering around".  Have any other schools, that fired their coaches shortly after Nebraska, hired new coaches?  Not that I am aware of because the damn season isn't over.  Why the hate on Nebraska?

I think that even the people close to the program don't know anything so this has all been nothing but wild, baseless speculation

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, TonkaSker said:

there’s a difference between reporting and editorial that a lot of people lose sight of during coaching searches because there’s a lot of overlap. 

I can say with a high degree of certainty that report was legit. There’s been contact between those guys and someone involved with the search committee. Has there been an offer? Probably not, but it’s probably the first real piece of news. 

Feldman and a few other guys make a living breaking news, not speculating. Like I said, he probably knows more than he’s confirming here but he doesn’t want to put up too much smoke and ruin the search process for Trev and not get the scoop. 

I really do believe that Trev has been in a process of gathering information and insights. Several of his contacts are just that. His performing his due diligence on how best to go about a rebuild or identifying other prospects that meet the criteria to do it. I’d say it’s been a pretty wide net that he’s cast. And hopefully while he’s out there he’s making assurances on our end of things that we’re needing to adjust in the interest of everyone.

• Plus1 1

In the last week of tracking flights, here are some that caught my attention:

• A few flights back and forth to Lexington, KY and Colorado Springs (Stoops and Calhoun)
  • One flight near Oxford, MS (Kiffin)
  • A few private flights to and from Austin (Patterson)
  • One flight going to Provo, Utah early this morning and returning back to Lincoln midday (Whittingham)

I have no idea where Rhule is living these days since being fired but I have not seen anything near Charlotte if he is still there.  Also, the flight today to Provo and back has me curious.

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

• A few flights back and forth to Lexington, KY and Colorado Springs (Stoops and Calhoun)
  • One flight going to Provo, Utah early this morning and returning back to Lincoln midday (Whittingham)

I have no idea where Rhule is living these days since being fired but I have not seen anything near Charlotte if he is still there.  Also, the flight today to Provo and back has me curious.

We will never know.  But, I would love to hear from people on the inside looking at comments like this and their reaction.  99.273% of it has to have them laughing pretty hard.

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

It’d be pretty hit and miss there. Not to say that some might be accurate. They’d probably  meet at locations not disclosing the intent. You could look into flights that leave Lincoln and other locations to matching locations having that in common possibly making matches that way. Or, from Lincoln to locations near where games are played involving potential candidates.

Osborne finally slays the national championship dragon, retires a few years later

Predecessor Solich given shorter leash, can't control staff, fired

Raiders flop hired to revamp destroys program with new AD

Osborne comes back to save us and hires Pelini

Pelini with flops talent almost puts us back in title mix but can't get out of own way

Conference switch essentially buries Pelini

Osborne replacement fires Pelini and hires smiley version of Raiders flop

Smiley guy sucks a$$ and gets canned, prodigal son Frost becomes hottest coach sought aftet in the country returns to Lincoln

Prodigal son handed a cesspool of a program, has first game canceled because of lightning, misses bowl

Prodigal son can't get to a bowl in year 2

Prodigal son ready for year 3 turnaround.......covid hits

Prodigal son finally ready to put it all together has the most perplexing 3 win team (not a 4 win team ,f*****g Iowa) of all time coming within a handful of points from being essentially an 11-1 team

Prodifal son gives up and has one of the worst starts to a season maybe ever and gets canned 3 games in finishing WORSE than both Raiders flop and Guy Smiley at an embarrassing 16-31

First African American coach in program history handed the dumpster fire, can't exactly resurrect this mess will be replaced by someone else who either won't be able to do it or won't be given time to do it.

This program is cursed.  We were gifted a couple of strong and legendary runs decades ago.  At this point we should be thankful our landlocked state even enjoyed that bit of success.  We aren't blue blood anymore, never will be again.  The game has evolved and the disadvantages stacked against us will prevent us from rising again.  It's not fun anymore, the last streak we have is looked at as a farce and incoming players look at our last bit of success like a phonograph.  It doesn't matter who we hire, the loyalty and passion for this program is dying and the amount of effort to rebuild it is more than most coaches would want.  We should've been happy with Solich and let him fool around with anyone he wanted to, or at least just said screw it Bo Pelini makes us relevant to the media and is entertaining as hell to watch and wins.  I'm not even interested at this point to see who we get because even if it were Nick friggin Saban all I would be thinking is "wow.....Nick Saban is about ot destroy his legacy sinking with this ship".

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Have you guys considered Bud Grant? He checks all the boxes.

Check my post on page 201

On 9/29/2022 at 3:29 AM, Huskerfollower4life said:

If your going to go that route:

1) Tom Osborne

2) Barry Alvarez

3) Bill Synder 

And if you are going to go that route:

1.  Vince Lombardi

2.  George Halas

3.  Bud Grant

I suspect we can use modern technology and have one of these 3 coach via hologram.  If Elvis can sing via hologram, Vince can coach again via hologram!!

:stir

• Oh Yeah! 1
25 minutes ago, Redux said:

Osborne finally slays the national championship dragon, retires a few years later

Predecessor Solich given shorter leash, can't control staff, fired

Raiders flop hired to revamp destroys program with new AD

Osborne comes back to save us and hires Pelini

Pelini with flops talent almost puts us back in title mix but can't get out of own way

Conference switch essentially buries Pelini

Osborne replacement fires Pelini and hires smiley version of Raiders flop

Smiley guy sucks a$$ and gets canned, prodigal son Frost becomes hottest coach sought aftet in the country returns to Lincoln

Prodigal son handed a cesspool of a program, has first game canceled because of lightning, misses bowl

Prodigal son can't get to a bowl in year 2

Prodigal son ready for year 3 turnaround.......covid hits

Prodigal son finally ready to put it all together has the most perplexing 4 win team of all time coming within a handful of points from being essentially an 11-1 team

Prodifal son gives up and has one of the worst starts to a season maybe ever and gets canned 3 games in finishing WORSE than both Raiders flop and Guy Smiley at an embarrassing 16-31

First African American coach in program history handed the dumpster fire, can't exactly resurrect this mess will be replaced by someone else who either won't be able to do it or won't be given time to do it.

This program is cursed.  We were gifted a couple of strong and legendary runs decades ago.  At this point we should be thankful our landlocked state even enjoyed that bit of success.  We aren't blue blood anymore, never will be again.  The game has evolved and the disadvantages stacked against us will prevent us from rising again.  It's not fun anymore, the last streak we have is looked at as a farce and incoming players look at our last bit of success like a phonograph.  It doesn't matter who we hire, the loyalty and passion for this program is dying and the amount of effort to rebuild it is more than most coaches would want.  We should've been happy with Solich and let him fool around with anyone he wanted to, or at least just said screw it Bo Pelini makes us relevant to the media and is entertaining as hell to watch and wins.  I'm not even interested at this point to see who we get because even if it were Nick friggin Saban all I would be thinking is "wow.....Nick Saban is about ot destroy his legacy sinking with this ship".

The program isn’t cursed. Where we’re at now is mainly the byproduct of poor decision making, internal dysfunctions and not handling changes particularly well. You can sprinkle in impatience and having unreasonable expectations (to an extent). There is no reason we can’t get to being highly competitive. I don’t believe in luck or curses. It’s about doing a variety of things to make it happen. Not the why. The how. And we must be willing to do it. In steps.

• TBH 1