36 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So of those confirmed contacts, my preference is in this order:

Rhule

O'Brien

Doeren

Leipold

Monken

Patterson as one of the above's DC

https://amp.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article234237177.html

https://www.on3.com/college/tcu-horned-frogs/news/bob-stoops-tcu-handling-parting-ways-gary-patterson-terrible-oklahoma/

Patterson as DC is interesting to entertain anyway.

12 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I’ll maintain that there’s a better chance for Stoops than is thought. I’ll say it’s between Rhule and Stoops. There seems to be less smoke on Aranda. It could be the case were there’s not mutual interest. I agree with your assessment of Doeren. He’s being given consideration and deservingly so. He might yet be in the running. Patterson as DC is an interesting thought. 

With Patterson, who was my pick before Mike Riley was chosen and my backup when Frost was chosen, I can see him as a very good defensive minded coach who could compliment one of the offensive minded candidates.  I prefer not to have someone his age as the new HC - he could lose the fire but he'd be a good asset on anyone's staff. 

• Fire 1
40 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Yeah sure, but how am I supposed to know who they are? Lol

I know Eric Beiniemy was contacted.   That was discussed early on, after Frost was fired.   Not sure if it was to get input (TA said he was going to reach out to a lot of people and get feedback) and I believe it was Joe Moglia that tweeted out that Chadwich had been contacted as well.  So now we are down to 8 contacted that aren't on the list.   :lol:

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I would move Deboer to Tier 1 and put Stoops in Tier 2 or 3. I also would also move Patterson up.  He has the longest and most consistent head coaching record at the P5 level.  

DeBoer has two full years of FBS head coaching experience and has an extremely experienced QB, which covers up a lot of gaps in coaching. I want to see a larger sample size but I can agree based on his record at lower levels.

Stoops is a great coach and is having a tough year with Levis banged up. Tier I/II fringe probably but I'd err on the side of Tier I since he knows how to run a big time program well.

Patterson has shown to be extremely resistant to change from a program standpoint and feasted on exploiting weaknesses in the air raid. Not sure his scheme would translate. My disqualifying fact about Patterson is that in 21 years at TCU he didn't fire a single assistant. His last four years at TCU ended 7-6, 5-7, 6-4, 3--5. Guy's toast

Just now, sho said:

I know Eric Beiniemy was contacted.   That was discussed early on, after Frost was fired.   Not sure if it was to get input (TA said he was going to reach out to a lot of people and get feedback) and I believe it was Joe Moglia that tweeted out that Chadwich had been contacted as well.  So now we are down to 8 contacted that aren't on the list.   :lol:

Source on Bieniemy? I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere. He hasn't been listed on any of the actual reports.

And Moglia isn't reliable. If that were true it would have been confirmed by someone in media, not the guy's buddy. He never said that Chadwell was contacted by nebraska. His words were "linked to the job" in response to Chadwell's name being on all the lists immediately following Frost getting fired.

Back to 10

12 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Patterson has shown to be extremely resistant to change from a program standpoint and feasted on exploiting weaknesses in the air raid. Not sure his scheme would translate. My disqualifying fact about Patterson is that in 21 years at TCU he didn't fire a single assistant. His last four years at TCU ended 7-6, 5-7, 6-4, 3--5. Guy's toast

Maybe not as a DC. But I wouldn't want him as a HC at this point.  But there probably are younger DC candidates who can vastly improve the mess we have currently.  

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Agree to disagree.

That's fine, but I'll make a case.

Kentucky football has (4) 10+ win seasons: 1950, 1977, 2018, 2021. It's a hard place to win and he's made it consistently top-25.

Kentucky had never recruited in the top-5 in the SEC until last year, because of Stoops who's a great recruiter and because of his staff, who are also great recruiters.

Stoops convinced boosters to support NIL for football despite it being one of the premier basketball schools, so he's obviously a good fundraiser.

You can look at this season and say it's disappointing but the entire sample speaks for itself. They're also still 6-3, which I would crawl through glass for at this point. Mickey is great, but there are probably four Mickeys on Stoops' staff as far as elite recruiting and proven development go. Guy's got a network.

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

DeBoer has two full years of FBS head coaching experience and has an extremely experienced QB, which covers up a lot of gaps in coaching. I want to see a larger sample size but I can agree based on his record at lower levels.

Stoops is a great coach and is having a tough year with Levis banged up. Tier I/II fringe probably but I'd err on the side of Tier I since he knows how to run a big time program well.

I have to disagree on this one.  Deboer has the 2nd highest winning percentage of any active coach and is 85-11 overall.  Head coaches that dominate at lower levels (like Tressel) often will do the same when they move up levels.  

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

4 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Source on Bieniemy? I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere. He hasn't been listed on any of the actual reports.

And Moglia isn't reliable. If that were true it would have been confirmed by someone in media, not the guy's buddy. He never said that Chadwell was contacted by nebraska. His words were "linked to the job" in response to Chadwell's name being on all the lists immediately following Frost getting fired.

Back to 10

Quick google search,  because I remember hearing/reading about it when it first happened.  It flared up and died almost as quickly.  Not sure how reliable this tweeter is but, there was some definitely some  chatter on message boards stating that a meeting with TA and Bieniemy took place.   

I re-read the quote from Moglia, you're right, he doesn't say Chadwick was contacted.  I infer he, or his people, had been contacted, but no reports of it.