Who should our next HC be?

From newest Split Zone Duo podcast/Stephen Godfrey (who is as connected as connected one can be to coaching searches):

Good process by Trev.  "Quiet, smart search"

One plugged in source: "They are going to feel good no matter what. They're really happy with the depth of the list they have assembled".  But that source didn't disclose any names.

Names Godfrey has heard with interest from one side or the other (no specific order): Rhule, Monken, Leipold, Doeren, Stoops, Campbell

Co-host believes Doeren would be great at Nebraska because "he knows how to build lines"

Trev has handled MJ respectfully, but it wont be him as HC

NU is ready to roll with NIL.  Coach will be someone who plays NIL game.  Big strike against Campbell.

Source believes its not as bad of situation as one would think

Has a gut feeling it might be done and will be rolled out right after season is over

Regarding Patterson, doesn't think there is any credibility there.  He would be a "step back" because he "does not want anything to do with college football in its current or future state".  Would be shocked if he is actually on Trev's list.

https://www.patreon.com/m/6284331/posts

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

From newest Split Zone Duo podcast/Stephen Godfrey (who is as connected as connected one can be to coaching searches):

One plugged in source: "They are going to feel good no matter what. They're really happy with the depth of the list they have assembled".  But that source didn't disclose any names.

Names Godfrey has heard with interest from one side or the other (no specific order): Rhule, Monken, Leipold, Doeren, Stoops, Campbell

Co-host believes Doeren would be great at Nebraska because "he knows how to build lines"

NU is ready to roll with NIL.  Coach will be someone who plays NIL game.  Big strike against Campbell.

Has a gut feeling it might be done and will be rolled out right after season is over

Regarding Patterson, doesn't think there is any credibility there.  He would be a "step back" because he "does not want anything to do with college football in its current of future state".  Would be shocked if he is actually on Trev's list.

What happened to Meyer, Sanders, and Kiffin?

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Which, I get what you're saying and agree.  However, I don't agree with that being what should happen.  I always think it's stupid that if an AD hires a football coach that doesn't work out that he gets fired too.  That makes absolutely no sense in any other employment situation.  If Trev goes through a thorough coaching search and talks to everyone he should reasonably talk to and takes the best advice and hires what people think is a good hire....and that guy doesn't work out....I don't think it should automatically be that Trev is fired.  

It's an idiotic mentality.  

I mean, given the sheer dollars involved, picking the right coach is by far an AD's most important job. If he screws that up, he can put the athletic department in a serious hole. If that happens, there's not very many jobs where you'd be kept around.

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

We have had these resources for decades now, and we still have not done anything with several coaches for 20 years.  The whole resources issue is mispoken in my opinion.  The biggest resource a program can have or get is players.  We are not getting those on campus.  So, I do agree that we do have resources, but we have had these resources and not gotten it done.  My question is how does this change with this hire?  Other than Urban Meyer, I don't see a name that would draw elite talent to Lincoln. 

I think your expectations of what it takes to win at Nebraska are extraordinarily unrealistic if your floor for is Urban Meyer.

There are programs with less resources and less national standing that have done more than Nebraska in the W/L column (and in the trophy case) in the last 20 years, and they didn't have a Top 10 all time coach.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Regarding Patterson, doesn't think there is any credibility there.  He would be a "step back" because he "does not want anything to do with college football in its current of future state".  Would be shocked if he is actually on Trev's list.

Of those 6 names, I would choose Leipold first. He has done well anywhere he has been.  No to Campbell or Monken. I still put Calhoun over Monken.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1