Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It has just turned out to be a wasted season.

Unfortunately, most people thought that it would be when SF was retained. I know I was worried that it would be. Hoped that SF would turn it around, but still worried that it would be wasted.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m feeling that the whole team and coaching staff is just playing out the regular season.  It has just turned out to be a wasted season. 

This is where Trev really screwed up. Frost needed to go last season and we would have had a new staff for this entire season.   I feel really bad for the players who have endured another difficult year.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
45 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Starting to feel like there is an agreement in place with someone and Mickey is in place, either as HC or AHC.

Do we have any examples of a coaching staff that has an Associate head coach and are successful? I honesty don't know so wanted to put this question out there if you all know.

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

This is where Trev really screwed up. Frost needed to go last season and we would have had a new staff for this entire season.   I feel really bad for the players who have endured another difficult year.

Look at the bright side...this season looks to be stacking up to be much more of a buyer's market for coaching searches. Last year, we would have had to compete with USC, LSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Florida, Oregon, and some others. Although a lot can change as the dominos fall, there is no possible way the waters end up that deep this year.

11 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

What's the difference? I don't know that I've ever seen "associate head coach" I always just assumed people meant "assistant" when they say that or that they're one in the same.

Houston is the only team I can find that utilizes it. The difference is small but significant. In terms of the coaching hierarchy, associate coaches are one step above a normal assistant coach and one step below a head coach. This gives them quite a bit of power and if the team designates an associate coach, it does make them the true second in command in the locker room.

7 minutes ago, Decked said:

Misread your post. It’s too early!

Lol its all good

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

bowl season <> regular season

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

As others have mentioned, regular season is not the same as bowl season. 

[citation needed]

Again, why would it even matter at all? Maybe you missed it, but we've already added two new coaches to the staff in the middle of this regular season. Why would adding the new head coach to the staff be any different, from a rules standpoint? Only thing I can think of is that it could run afoul of the NCAA's limits on the number of coaches you can have on staff. If that's the case, you move Mike Cassano or Joey Connors back to analyst and sign the papers for your new HC so they can get started on recruiting ASAP.

9 minutes ago, Toe said:

[citation needed]

Again, why would it even matter at all? Maybe you missed it, but we've already added two new coaches to the staff in the middle of this regular season. Why would adding the new head coach to the staff be any different, from a rules standpoint? Only thing I can think of is that it could run afoul of the NCAA's limits on the number of coaches you can have on staff. If that's the case, you make Mike Cassano or Joey Connors an analyst again and sign the papers for your new HC so they can get started on recruiting ASAP.

It would just be the cherry on top of this season if we hired a new coach and immediately got hit with recruiting violations.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Look at the bright side...this season looks to be stacking up to be much more of a buyer's market for coaching searches. Last year, we would have had to compete with USC, LSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Florida, Oregon, and some others. Although a lot can change as the dominos fall, there is no possible way the waters end up that deep this year.

I don't think we were getting Lincoln Riley, Brian Kelly, etc..  But we could have gotten DeBoer or others like him.  It's too late now but the program would be in a much better position now having gone through an entire first year with a new coach.  

• Plus1 2