Who should our next HC be?

14 minutes ago, lo country said:

Fairly confident.  Again, several people removed, but no reason my guy would make up something. Huge Husker fan as well.  So not the type to just make stuff up to give me false hope if that makes sense.

Of course on the rumor thread there was a good podcast about Deion coming here.  Who knows at this point.

I would be ecstatic with either of these guys. I am happy this Deion rumor came about today. Will make my afternoon fly by! 

• Plus1 1

Deion?? Come on guys, Deion???

Seriously, we have 10° wind chill here.. The west division is over with after next year. tOSU, Michigan, USC, UCLA, Wisconsin, Penn State, heck even Iowa (though this might be the end of Kirk) and snow in Dec, Jan, Feb, March and often April!!!

Would I be dancin if it truly happened.. ABSOLUTELY but.... it's not happening!! Deion won't be wearing husker red ever!! 

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Deion?? Come on guys, Deion???

Seriously, we have 10° wind chill here.. The west division is over with after next year. tOSU, Michigan, USC, UCLA, Wisconsin, Penn State, heck even Iowa (though this might be the end of Kirk) and snow in Dec, Jan, Feb, March and often April!!!

Would I be dancin if it truly happened.. ABSOLUTELY but.... it's not happening!! Deion won't be wearing husker red ever!! 

I’ve heard a lot of people say stupid ish like this. 

A. Money talks

B. DS cares deeply about his legacy. What better way to cement that then waking the sleeping giant that is Nebraska 

Please tell my why the hell this would be so outlandish? I’ll wait.

Just now, McGuillotine said:

Outside of Zach Smith where is the smoke?

Hop on twitter my friend. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

I'm not saying it's guaranteed that he would fail, but the odds and evidence don't point towards Deion having success here imo.

Right now he's essentially succeeding as a cheat code. At that level, with his brand name, he's able to do the one thing he's good at which is out-recruit everybody else in a low division (already an unfair fight), and then just use that massive talent gap to sleepwalk into wins against teams drastically outmatched (even more of an unfair fight). Those advantages would be drastically equalized at the P5 level and at a place like NU which is not in rich recruiting territory.

I basically see him as similar to that coach in the first two seasons of Last Chance U. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

I’ve heard a lot of people say stupid ish like this. 

A. Money talks

B. DS cares deeply about his legacy. What better way to cement that then waking the sleeping giant that is Nebraska 

Please tell my why the hell this would be so outlandish? I’ll wait.

Hop on twitter my friend. 

I've watched this thread way too closely (waste of time really) and to quote you "I’ve heard a lot of people say stupid ish like this"... Come on Cornfed.. it's a pipe dream at best. Money talks but doesn't walk the walk.. Respectable people can't be bought. Tempted yes but never bought. (Not calling DS respectable as I don't know him and also haven't any reason to believe he's not respectable).. 

but in Deion's words about playing for a terrible team in cold weather: Article

"But Sanders didn't want to play in Detroit. A terrible team in a cold weather city? No, thanks. Had the Lions pulled the trigger, he famously said he "would've asked for so much money they would've had to put me on layaway." 

• Plus1 2