Who should our next HC be?

5 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

We look absolutely pitiful trying to run Whipple's pass-happy crap. Nebraska football will NEVER be relevant again trying to pass the ball.

OK.  That's your opinion that is very likely incorrect.  And also a totally different argument than you were making earlier.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

Nothing to back up that kind of statement LMAO give me a break this is the B1G and it's not the 90s anymore 

Navy just ran all over Notre Dame's blue-chip defense. Every team the service academies play is more talented than they are, yet they always seem to win more than we do. Air Force has been bowl eligible for awhile. Remember what that was like?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

OK.  That's your opinion that is very likely incorrect.  And also a totally different argument than you were making earlier.  

The last time we won 11 games, we were a power-option team. Why not go back to that? What has all this passing gotten us? I don’t get why people are so against option football. Is there any chance we're EVER going to out-recruit  Ohio State and Michigan for QBs and WRs? 

Heck no.

Let's focus on the ground game, and recruit for defense hard.

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

There is nothing blue chip about notre dame.  Kelly is gone and so is the nd

Nothing blue-chip about a team that beat top-10, undefeated Clemson?

• Plus1 1

Give me a break with this thought that the Big 10 is a great football conference.  Ohio ST and Michigan are great and USC will be great, but a whole, this conference is not stacked with National title contenders.  So, with all of this happening this season, and seeing that the West division was gettable, even with mediocre teams, can everyone agree now that our talent level has not been A.  Recruited and B.  What is here has not been developed. 

Honestly, this season can't be judged from here in because this team seems to me to have lost its spunk and have lost there will to compete.  Wisky lost to freakin Iowa today..............Iowa.

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

The last time we won 11 games, we were a power-option team. Why not go back to that? What has all this passing gotten us? I don’t get why people are so against option football. Is there any chance we're EVER going to out-recruit  Ohio State and Michigan for QBs and WRs? 

Heck no.

Yes, we got to get back to ball control offense wt a nasty OL and defense.   The flashy high ranked recruits will go to the glamour programs.  We got to learn how to win by controlling the game at the line and with the time clock. 

• Plus1 1

Malzahn would interest me some, but he just finished coaching at a place where winning 7-9 game a season wasn't good enough, so why would he consider this job? 

I really like Malzahn, I think he could do a fine job here.  I like Leipold at KU, he can get things done I think no matter where he coaches.  This is the type of coaching hires we need right now.  We need builders.  I am not sure that KU didn't have more talent on its roster when Leipold arrived, than we do right now.  Being completely honest.

O'Brien just doesn't ring any bells for me at this point.  We have seen other coaches who were OC at Bama do more, and have more success on offense like Lane and Sark. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Malzahn would interest me some, but he just finished coaching at a place where winning 7-9 game a season wasn't good enough, so why would he consider this job? 

I really like Malzahn, I think he could do a fine job here.  I like Leipold at KU, he can get things done I think no matter where he coaches.  This is the type of coaching hires we need right now.  We need builders.  I am not sure that KU didn't have more talent on its roster when Leipold arrived, than we do right now.  Being completely honest.

O'Brien just doesn't ring any bells for me at this point.  We have seen other coaches who were OC at Bama do more, and have more success on offense like Lane and Sark. 

I agree that Malzahn and Leipold would be a much better choice over BOB.  As a reminder, here are Malzahn's results in arguably the toughest division in football.  

2013 Auburn 12–2 7–1 T–1st (Western) L BCS NCG 2 2
2014 Auburn 8–5 4–4 T–4th (Western) L Outback 23 22
2015 Auburn 7–6 2–6 7th (Western) W Birmingham    
2016 Auburn 8–5 5–3 T–2nd (Western) L Sugar 22 24
2017 Auburn 10–4 7–1 T–1st (Western) L Peach 12 10
2018 Auburn 8–5 3–5 5th (Western) W Music City    
2019 Auburn 9–4 5–3 3rd (Western) L Outback 14 14
2020 Auburn 6–4 6–4 3rd (Western) Citrus*  
14 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Heck no.

I commend your ability to make three completely different arguments in three straight posts and (apparently) convince yourself that you have been making the same argument all along.

• Haha 4