Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Jeremy said:

The last time we won 11 games, we were a power-option team. Why not go back to that? What has all this passing gotten us? I don’t get why people are so against option football. Is there any chance we're EVER going to out-recruit  Ohio State and Michigan for QBs and WRs? 

Heck no.

Let's focus on the ground game, and recruit for defense hard.

Nothing blue-chip about a team that beat top-10, undefeated Clemson?

7-3 & almost lost to a 3-6 navy.

I guess this has something to do with the topic, since Lane Kiffen's name comes up.  Kiffen made an inexplicable decision that cost Ole Miss the Alabama game. 

On their last possession,  down 6, their running back was on fire.  Bama couldn't stop him, and ripped off two long runs, including a 35 yarder, to get down to the Baba 14, first down with two timeouts.  Then he never touched the ball again.  they tried passes, or maybe it was QB draws, and went backwards.  You'd think they would have just handed it to the running back - 4 times in a row even - until Bama showed they could stop him.

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

7-3 & almost lost to a 3-6 navy.

Almost lost the game? Did you watch the game? ND was up 35-13 at half, and still up 35-16 into the 4th quarter. Navy didn’t make it a 3 point game until 1:30 left in the game, and ND only needed to recover an onside kick. Everyone saying that Navy was so awesome against ND today just looked at the final score. 

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Almost lost the game? Did you watch the game? ND was up 35-13 at half, and still up 35-16 into the 4th quarter. Navy didn’t make it a 3 point game until 1:30 left in the game, and ND only needed to recover an onside kick. Everyone saying that Navy was so awesome against ND today just looked at the final score. 

I'm just saying that notre dame is not an elite team.  Navy is not a good team.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

I'm done if it's Monken that guy sucks

If we keep hiring pass-happy coaches, we will continue to suck

8 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I'm just saying that notre dame is not an elite team.  Navy is not a good team.

And yet, they were in the game...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I commend your ability to make three completely different arguments in three straight posts and (apparently) convince yourself that you have been making the same argument all along.

Your commendation has been noted. My argument stays the same. Nebraska football will never be relevant again until they hire a staff absolutely committed to the offensive line and running game. I would prefer Monken, but that seems unlikely. 

We've recruited every blue-chip WR and QB since 04, and we're currently in the depths of a 6-year bowl drought. History says I'm right, but we keep trying to pound that square peg in the round hole, coach after coach.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

If we keep hiring pass-happy coaches, we will continue to suck

And yet, they were in the game...

Outside of one year since 2009 we have run the ball more than passed including this year. Starting this year and going back our FBS rank in passing percentage is 65, 85, 95, 111, 57. So no i would not say any time outside the one Riley year were we pass happy. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Outside of one year since 2009 we have run the ball more than passed including this year. Starting this year and going back our FBS rank in passing percentage is 65, 85, 95, 111, 57. So no i would not say any time outside the one Riley year were we pass happy. 

Pass-happy relative to the days when we led the country in rushing.