Who should our next HC be?

13 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Can we rewind and please hire DeBoer last year. 

It’s very evident he was Indiana’s reason for success. Dude is legit.

Yes I know a few of us pushed for him last year.  Unfortunately I do not believe he is on Trev's radar nor would DeBoer want to leave since he just got to Washington.  This Oregon/Washington game is something.

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes I know a few of us pushed for him last year.  Unfortunately I do not believe he is on Trev's radar nor would DeBoer want to leave since he just got to Washington.  This Oregon/Washington game is something.

He’s a proven winner. Midwest guy to boot.

Timing just isn’t right unfortunately.

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Klieman has his team beating up on Aranda's team at halftime. 

Thing about Klieman is he won at NDSU.  They'd play anyone. He did "inherit" a wining program and kept it winning.  He is a very physical down hill running coach.  That likes a mobile QB.  Fundamentally sound and very good at the basics.  Not a flashy hire, but would be like Bielema.  Not a "flashy" guy, but a no nonsense grinder type guy.  I'd feel good that he could take our current guys and have them wining more in year 1 than in any year under Frost.  I'd guess bowling TBH.  Don;t think he'd move the needle on recruiting, but winning the Big 12 or  agreat bowl game, would at least let more people know who he was.  And him getting AM to a bowl wouldn't heard as the announcers would surely talk about it.  

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Thing about Klieman is he won at NDSU.  They'd play anyone. He did "inherit" a wining program and kept it winning.  He is a very physical down hill running coach.  That likes a mobile QB.  Fundamentally sound and very good at the basics.  Not a flashy hire, but would be like Bielema.  Not a "flashy" guy, but a no nonsense grinder type guy.  I'd feel good that he could take our current guys and have them wining more in year 1 than in any year under Frost.  I'd guess bowling TBH.  Don;t think he'd move the needle on recruiting, but winning the Big 12 or  agreat bowl game, would at least let more people know who he was.  And him getting AM to a bowl wouldn't heard as the announcers would surely talk about it.  

I agree, he’s looked incredibly competent and though not flashy, solid and fundamentally sound. But for some reason I feel like we have a better shot at Urban Meyer than him, not because we aren’t a better job than K State, but I feel he’s content. 

Man, if we don't make a deal with Rhule I feel we will be just as screwed as we have been.

Or perhaps we'll strike gold with a G5 coach from wherever?  :dunno

I just don't see us getting Kiffin, Fickell, Kleinman, Leiopold.....  and I am not interested in Aranda or Campbell.  Nice guys, decent coaches, and good fits at BU and ISU.  But the patience will wear off after a few seasons.  Just my thoughts the past month.  

And I really, really, really believe it will be a G5 coach being introduced (or amazing FCS guy).  At least that is what I am preparing for.  :hmmph 

7 minutes ago, bisonwiches said:

I agree, he’s looked incredibly competent and though not flashy, solid and fundamentally sound. But for some reason I feel like we have a better shot at Urban Meyer than him, not because we aren’t a better job than K State, but I feel he’s content. 

That's the thing.  I thing a lot of great (and ok) names have been thrown out.  But what would make a guy like Kiffin, Klieman, Liepold, Aranda, etc come to NU.  They are successful at their current schools.  I'd assume that their fan base expectations are not as high as ours (I could be wrong), are winning, set up, good pay etc....What would attract a guy in a good to great position to come to NU?  I'm biased, but taking off the Husker glasses, we have high expectations, play in a tough (and getting tougher conference), are currently at the bottom (or near) the B1G, alleged recruiting issues etc...Be a hard sell IMO.  Biggest thing is we gave Frost almost 5 years with 4 of those being some of the worst in P5 and empirical data that showed no coach with 3 losing seasons won and yet we brought him back.....

1 hour ago, Jeremy said:

Nebraska football will never be relevant again until they hire a staff absolutely committed to the offensive line and running game.

History says I'm right

convenient you leave out the history of how many run heavy teams have won championships in the last 20 years.

8 minutes ago, lo country said:

That's the thing.  I thing a lot of great (and ok) names have been thrown out.  But what would make a guy like Kiffin, Klieman, Liepold, Aranda, etc come to NU.  They are successful at their current schools.  I'd assume that their fan base expectations are not as high as ours (I could be wrong), are winning, set up, good pay etc....What would attract a guy in a good to great position to come to NU?  I'm biased, but taking off the Husker glasses, we have high expectations, play in a tough (and getting tougher conference), are currently at the bottom (or near) the B1G, alleged recruiting issues etc...Be a hard sell IMO.  Biggest thing is we gave Frost almost 5 years with 4 of those being some of the worst in P5 and empirical data that showed no coach with 3 losing seasons won and yet we brought him back.....

It really isn't a hard sell at all. Zac Smith made some great points as to why the Nebraska job is even better then Auburn. You can say what you want about him as a person but that doesn't mean he doesn't have football knowledge.  The past should be behind you bc certainly I'm looking forward to a bright future with a better coach and not looking back at what didn't happen. 

I have no idea who it will be but there has to be a few mandatory KPI’s.

1- Proven track record of rebuilding a program.

2- Developing players with a focus on line play.

3- Recruiting.

3b- Ability to assemble a quality staff and coordinators.

Everything else is secondary. I don’t even care if it’s a guy that only stays 2 or 3 years. Have to get 2-3 years of heading in the right direction and a moderately stocked cupboard. Sure it would be nice if it’s the guy that gets us all the way back but it’s more important to at least get the first few steps right and leave something that can be worked with. Riley and Frost left an absolute s#!t sandwich raging dumpster fire.

• Fire 2