Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

I just wish we had the diagnosis doc.  Is it curable cancer or are we stuck with this.

It’s more like morbid obesity. We have to fix it ourselves through lots of hardwork and lifestyle modifications. There is no silver bullet cure or miracles.

• TBH 2

31 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Yes we have lacked an identity for 20 years now.  Solich was the last coach who we had that we all could say that this program had an identity with.  Callahan didnt build one, Pelini built a negative one based on his demeanor, and Riley.......Frost built a losing one. 

Aranda is not a good coach for rebuilding this program.  Rhule rebuilt Baylor, and now that his recruits are starting to leave, Aranda is losing momentum.  I watched KSU throttle them last night.  That game had players who looked like they could care less to be on the field.  KSU is not 28 points better than them.  Could this be because Aranda might be leaving?  Don't know.  But I am not a fan of him as my top choice.  He is a good name, but does not have that wow factor we need to shake up the recruiting world.  That coach might not be out there that wants this job currently, but to me its not Aranda. 

his stock has nosedived incredibly the last month.

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Run or pass!  Neither will work if we do not improve our lines.  This starts with recruiting and strength & conditioning. .

This ^^^
And I’d add player development.

The only offense that will work with poor line play in the B1G is teleportation and that ain’t a thing…..yet.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Stryker makes a good argument that we need to go back to being the old Nebraska again. The pass happy offense won’t work if we don’t control the lines. Nothing works without solid line play on D and on O.  We are deceiving ourselves if we think we can be like everyone else. It took the lion, the scarecrow, & the tin man a long journey to rediscover who they were. I hope Trev’s pick will end that journey— big name or not. 
Know Thy Self!

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/football/tad-stryker-no-nebraska-identity-no-chance-vs-michigan

It's baffling how past administrations and much of our fan base have forgotten that we're not ever going to be successful running the same schemes as other schools located in recruiting hotbeds.  We don't have the recruiting base to do that.  Osborne knew this and built a juggernaut that eventually was able to recruit against the upper echelon in college football especially for skill players that fit his team's identity.   I gotta have faith TA is on it.  

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It's baffling how past administrations and much of our fan base have forgotten that we're not ever going to be successful running the same schemes as other schools located in recruiting hotbeds.  We don't have the recruiting base to do that.  Osborne knew this and built a juggernaut that eventually was able to recruit against the upper echelon in college football especially for skill players that fit his team's identity.   I gotta have faith TA is on it.  

Let's hope !

13 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I feel like you just have to not follow recruiting to have this take. 

• TBH 2

I was mildly shocked to learn that Mickey was the first Black head coach at NU in any sport.  Now we are in a rush to replace him.  I dont get it.  In a big hurry to spend a wad of cash.  And demote Mickey.  "Keep bringing in the recruits Mickey, and here is your demotion, because you understand, we just need a certain kind of guy. " 

When you consider that Mickey is actually teaching the right things, this rush to replace him is stupidity on a whole different level, and NU gets what it deserves.  NU needs Mickey, and the culture he is trying to build, and the recruits he can bring in, and the cash he is not asking for. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, nupowr said:

I was mildly shocked to learn that Mickey was the first Black head coach at NU in any sport.  Now we are in a rush to replace him.  I dont get it.  In a big hurry to spend a wad of cash.  And demote Mickey.  "Keep bringing in the recruits Mickey, and here is your demotion, because you understand, we just need a certain kind of guy. " 

When you consider that Mickey is actually teaching the right things, this rush to replace him is stupidity on a whole different level, and NU gets what it deserves.  NU needs Mickey, and the culture he is trying to build, and the recruits he can bring in, and the cash he is not asking for. 

This is what I don't get.  Mickey is not being demoted or fired.  By his title, he is the Temporary Head Coach.  Not giving him the Full-Time Head Coach is not a demotion.

Yes, I agree that it would be great if NU were able to hire more minority coaches to lead their athletic programs, however, NU also needs to hire the best person for this job, regardless of race.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, nupowr said:

How is handing the reins of a blue blood football program for 9 games to a guy who's never even been a coordinator "rushing to replace him"? He's been given a more than fair shot to show what he's got.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This is what I don't get.  Mickey is not being demoted or fired.  By his title, he is the Temporary Head Coach.  Not giving him the Full-Time Head Coach is not a demotion.

Yes, I agree that it would be great if NU were able to hire more minority coaches to lead their athletic programs, however, NU also needs to hire the best person for this job, regardless of race.

Its his job to lose HC > Receivers Coach

46 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

If we landed Saban would that be the equivalent of lap band surgery? ;)

I want to say yes but the only person I know who has had lap band surgery, all it did was make him miserable and sick all the time. Didn’t drop a noticeable amount of weight. I guess it doesn’t work without self imposed lifestyle adjustments.

16 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

How is handing the reins of a blue blood football program for 9 games to a guy who's never even been a coordinator "rushing to replace him"? He's been given a more than fair shot to show what he's got.

i couldn’t agree more. Zero chance that Trev doesn’t know this as well. We can move on from the Mickey discussion. 

25 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I feel like you just have to not follow recruiting to have this take. 

You would feel wrong then. 

When was the last conference championship we won running an offense other than something similar to what Osborne ran? 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1