Who should our next HC be?

34 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The fact that we have not heard anything after the Michigan game makes me think that Trev's pick is a current HC and we will not know until after the regular season ends.  If it were MJ or somebody not coaching, there would not be much reason not to share by now.

Odds are you right on the outside coach but I wouldn't count MJ out just yet. I think one reason for not announcing MJ right now is a lot of coaches are going to get canned. And if MJ were announced right now the media would be in a frenzy trying to figure out which coaches he would keep.

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, Snowmanandbandit said:

They most likely have an agreement in place. All the they can’t get anyone to take the job talk is BS. There are a 100 coaches and coordinators that would welcome the opportunity.  Trev might have had a coach in the bag 12 months ago. The search didn’t start after week 3. 

I agree I believe the search began last year as well. My anxiety has made me believe certain rumors and change my mind a zillion times. My original thought was this has been in place for some time and maybe the ole search firm is working behind the scenes for high level assistants without getting them in trouble with their current bosses. The timing of the Wisconsin firing of Chryst makes me believe someone reached out about Leanard, maybe not us but enough to force their hand. It was curious to say the least. 

29 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

What coach do see come to Lincoln and make us into a contender with a balanced, passing/pro-style/spread offense? 

After the last 19 years, do you honestly think it's going to magically happen this time after it's failed for that long?

The thing is imo it's about finding a good HC and overall staff. We have run all those offenses and a lot of them have been good enough to win a lot of games but didn't have the rest of the team to win. 

Honestly it's a crapshoot hiring coaches so you never know but my best guess is any one of Leipold, Malzahn, DeBoer, Rhule, Aranda, Klieman, Kiffin would have a good chance to turn this around and then once you get to winning 9-10 games I think we would recruit up into the 15 range where we would have the talent to compete with top teams. 

Who do you think will come in and run the offense you want to see and win? 

With his record, Leipold appears to be a guy who can get a program to the 6-8 game win range. After a few years....Not sure fans have the patience for that.  Unsure his name moves the needle to really get recruits or transfers in ASAP.  I am also humbled that we might be taking the coach of what I thought was the shining example of the crappiest P5 team...  Maybe that's us now.

If we were going that route, I'd much prefer Klieman tbh.  By a lot.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
9 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

The thing is imo it's about finding a good HC and overall staff. We have run all those offenses and a lot of them have been good enough to win a lot of games but didn't have the rest of the team to win. 

Honestly it's a crapshoot hiring coaches so you never know but my best guess is any one of Leipold, Malzahn, DeBoer, Rhule, Aranda, Klieman, Kiffin would have a good chance to turn this around and then once you get to winning 9-10 games I think we would recruit up into the 15 range where we would have the talent to compete with top teams. 

Who do you think will come in and run the offense you want to see and win? 

I would actually be okay with most of those guys, but I seriously doubt any of them leave where they are for Lincoln. 

Urban would be my first choice. Yes, I  know it goes against my pro-triple option rants, but Urban would turn us into a recruiting juggernaut very quickly. Nebraska football would be exciting and fun for the first time maybe since Osborne retired. 

After him, I would go after Calhoun and then Monken. I truly believe Nebraska running power/triple option again is what will bring us back. An identity, a brand we would all get behind as a state. 

Chadwell would be an interesting pick after that. Somewhat of a wildcard for sure, though. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I think we should keep track at all of "insiders" who called the next coach.  Sounds like we could make a game show of it.  We should troll the people who were wrong until the Huskers become bowl eligible.  

Who are the subjects of the "this is our next HC"..

These are the ones I remember:

Rhule

Leipold

Aranda

Deion

So I am pretty sure none of these with how quiet the search is.  But who knows.