Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Because 3-9 is better than 9-3 with a ranked loss or two?

Yes, that is one of the reasons Pelini was fired. But, if you haven’t noticed, we haven’t been anywhere near winning 8 or 9 or 10 in a long time. Maybe we should try that before we worry about some ancient losses to ranked teams in different circumstances.

I guess what I'm getting at is that his entire time at Baylor he went 0-11 against ranked teams in 3 years. I just want to be able to win some of the competitive games, and I'm not sure Rhule has shown he can. His ranked wins were 21. East Carolina & 20. Navy, for a total of 2-5 against ranked teams at Temple. His record was 2-16 or .125, so I was wrong on the total win percentage. 

This just isn't a sexy hire for me, and is underwhelming with where we are at as a program. I just want the best for us as fans, and for the team. 

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

I know you're just adding context, but each and every one of us would throw someone off a bridge for that record this year. 

Absolutely! You could also take it as "this is how easy our division is." 

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, YetiJR said:

This just isn't a sexy hire for me, and is underwhelming with where we are at as a program. 

Where exactly are we as a program? This team is a 9 win team, it just took 3 years to get to 9 wins. A coaches record against ranked opponents should be way down the list of cons.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, YetiJR said:

I guess what I'm getting at is that his entire time at Baylor he went 0-11 against ranked teams in 3 years. I just want to be able to win some of the competitive games, and I'm not sure Rhule has shown he can. His ranked wins were 21. East Carolina & 20. Navy, for a total of 2-5 against ranked teams at Temple. His record was 2-16 or .125, so I was wrong on the total win percentage. 

This just isn't a sexy hire for me, and is underwhelming with where we are at as a program. I just want the best for us as fans, and for the team. 

You aren't looking big picture. If you get lost in wins and losses and not pay attention to the details on how those wins and losses happened we cant help you. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

Rhule seems like a hire I could give a chance to. Better than some others. 

Honestly though I've kind of been swayed by the Neon Deion talk. Lord knows he'd recruit well. But I'm super curious about who he'd hire as coordinators/ position coaches. LOL I'd give it a 90% chance we'd end up with dline coach Suh. And maybe RB coach Ahman Green.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Husker816 said:

When Frost was fired what were your personal expectations for the football program? Give me some details like philosophy, recruiting, etc.

I didn't expect us to do much with recruiting. I figured we'd simplify the offense and defense and get a little more sound on the fundamentals. Identify who we have as players and play to those strengths. I guessed 5 or 6 wins overall. But obviously that's not happening at this point. 

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

I have posted a link several times that shows what coaches have a winning record against ranked teams.  To summarize, very few.  To summarize more, a lot of the "winningest coaches when the article was written (2017 IIRC) hadn't beaten ranked teams.

I'd be interested in seeing the article. I can see a lot of people disagree with my opinion, and that's okay, we all want to the best for the program. We'll have to see how the cards play, and see who ends up as the coach. 

• Plus1 1