Who should our next HC be?

2 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

I appreciate your love for Busch and I appreciate what he doing in a bad situation but coach of the year? We are tied for 98th in the country in scoring defense right next to Colorado St and Eastern Michigan

image.thumb.png.623839846b2adce741ed1b56276fad98.png

He’s done this from game 5, with a basket case offense half the time. Our punter is an MVP which Busch brought in btw.  

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

So did Mike Riley and before him, Bill Callahan ... 

My point was that his success as a college football HC got him hired at Carolina.  Callahan hadn't been a college football HC when he landed his NFL job so he isn't a good comparison.  Riley had 2 years of college HC experience before San Diego but he also had 12 additional years at Oregon State after San Diego for us to evaluate him on.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

I agree. Like I mentioned earlier, I think the NFL dirtied up his resume. If he stays at Baylor (no offense to Aranda) IMO he would be considered elite at this point. We could be getting a bargain discount on a top 10 coach. That’s the upside we need to pay attention to here. Plus when it comes to recruiting it sounds like the coaches in Texas love him. 

That is a good audio.  I would be very happy wt Rhule.    I agree, if he had stayed at Baylor, he would be considered elite by now.  If he can open back up the Texas recruiting connects that would be great.  Nebraska would be a great place to build his brand and where he could be established and appreciated as a long term great coach if successful.  

• Thanks 2

Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

He’s done this from game 5, with a basket case offense half the time. Our punter is an MVP which Busch brought in btw.  

I am not hating on Busch. I feel it would be wise to retain him as special teams coach, I am just saying the stats do not support the heart. I like him here and he is a solid recruiter. 

10 minutes ago, walksalone said:

That I'm a realist?

Thank you, I appreciate your candor...

Or defeatist….

Literally every coach from the last 50 years living or dead has been mentioned in these 500 pages. What you’re saying is nobody can do it. …..You might be right but probably best to keep trying unless they want to tear down Memorial and put in an ice rink.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lil' Red said:

My point was that his success as a college football HC got him hired at Carolina.  Callahan hadn't been a college football HC when he landed his NFL job so he isn't a good comparison.  Riley had 2 years of college HC experience before San Diego but he also had 12 additional years at Oregon State after San Diego for us to evaluate him on.

No, what you did is tried to pick apart my post in your initial response starting with "Why the rant".. Then you throw in the snarky comment "because you didn't get the coach you like"... The post was aggressively word with intent to draw forth bitterness. My original post was not about my liking of MJ.. it was about the staff's and holding them as accountable as they hold players. That accountability comes from the HC whom can't put personal friendships ahead of professional loyalty. 

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Or defeatist….

Literally every coach from the last 50 years living or dead has been mentioned in these 500 pages. What you’re saying is nobody can do it. …..You might be right but probably best to keep trying unless they want to tear down Memorial and put in an ice rink.

Every realist has a smidge of defeatist in there young grasshopper...

Do you think they'd really do that?!???!?!??!??

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

I would disagree with this assessment.  If you wanted to do that i would say callahan 2.o.  This guy is better than mike riley.

Mike Riley was Callahan Lite....