Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, NM11046 said:

Why would it?  Is there a VA coach in consideration?  Honestly can't keep track.   And sadly, we can't wait just cuz there's been a campus shooting, there will always be another one.  If we were to postpone life cuz of college or high school shootings we'd never name a coach.

Would be bad form in my opinion. Could wait 24 hours and announce tomorrow. Would be the right thing to do IMO. But now maybe we don’t get any announcement?

4 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Why would it?  Is there a VA coach in consideration?  Honestly can't keep track.   And sadly, we can't wait just cuz there's been a campus shooting, there will always be another one.  If we were to postpone life cuz of college or high school shootings we'd never name a coach.

Mass shootings on college campuses don't happen every day.

Mass shootings on college campuses that have P5 D1 football programs where the perpetrator and victims are related to the football program especially don't happen every day. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I won’t be surprised to see Fisher, MJ, Busch, Beckton.  Possibly Dawson and Ruud.   Applewhite.   I did say ‘guessing’.  None are a sure thing but it’s a possibility imo.   

Rhule is an O line guy so Raiola may not be as high on the list as he will have his favorites presumably.  Again, just guessing.  He will almost certainly have his own DC and OC.  Those guys will have a say too.  

Those I listed are the better ones on the staff imo.  Not every perfect guy may be available to start with. He may hire replacements in the spring / summer - later.  

Dawson and Ruud are gone 100%.  The front 7 is really bad and I don’t see either as key contributors in recruiting or player development. Raiola only got a job because of his nephew. He should have been gone already IMO but we probably don’t have anyone else.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
16 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Mass shootings on college campuses don't happen every day.

Mass shootings on college campuses that have P5 D1 football programs where the perpetrator and victims are related to the football program especially don't happen every day. 

Gotcha - so because it involved football players we should wait to announce our college coach.  

I find it interesting that we have all these unwritten rules about what should be impacted and what isn't when a tragedy by shooting happens.  Not to be catty, (but it will come across that way)  life seems to go on for every other mass shooting daily, I find it odd that we'd halt a coaching announcement because of an event that took place halfway across the country just because the victims are fb players.  I get that their practices, regional games etc might be impacted this next week, but I guess I missed what happened locally after Parkland and Broken Arrow and Raliegh and others within the last couple weeks - is the impact really just driven by who was killed?

• TBH 1

17 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Gotcha - so because it involved football players we should wait to announce our college coach.  

I find it interesting that we have all these unwritten rules about what should be impacted and what isn't when a tragedy by shooting happens.  Not to be catty, (but it will come across that way)  life seems to go on for every other mass shooting daily, I find it odd that we'd halt a coaching announcement because of an event that took place halfway across the country just because the victims are fb players.  I get that their practices, regional games etc might be impacted this next week, but I guess I missed what happened locally after Parkland and Broken Arrow and Raliegh and others within the last couple weeks - is the impact really just driven by who was killed?

I don't think its an unwritten rule per say, but in the grand scheme of things it has a bad look. 

44 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

If that were the case, why not fly into Lincoln?

Pilot/plane availability possibly?  With all this stuff not necessarily being 100% planned in advance could be an issue as I know the jets at Silverhawk have been tied up pretty well non stop lately .  I mean you'd think if Trev Alberts says he needs a jet somebody would have one for him to use but that's about the only thing I can think of.