Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, Farms said:

Pilot/plane availability possibly?  With all this stuff not necessarily being 100% planned in advance could be an issue as I know the jets at Silverhawk have been tied up pretty well non stop lately .  I mean you'd think if Trev Alberts says he needs a jet somebody would have one for him to use but that's about the only thing I can think of.  

I guess that makes sense.  All right, who’s going to go stake out OMA tonight?

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

The Story of the Smock: Matt Rhule’s unique sideline fashion statement

https://theathletic.com/1428145/2019/12/03/matt-rhule-sideline-outfit-nike-hooded-shirt-smock/

“Oh, it’s unbelievably comfortable to wear,” he said. “If it ever starts raining, it has a hood. And I’ve got tremendous movement in my arms. And it’s got zippers on the side. If you ever need more room, if you’ve had too much for Thanksgiving, you can just open up the zipper.”

So why does he wear it? The story behind the vest goes back to Baylor’s August practices. Throughout preseason camp, Rhule wore either a Bill Belichick-style cutoff hoodie or the team-issued hooded vest pretty much every day. He’s a believer in decision fatigue and prefers to keep it simple with his clothing choices. Before the season started, the head coach had a message for this team: Go play just like you do in practices.

“I think that was a step we had to take,” he said. “We were a really good team out here at practice. We weren’t always a good team on game day.”

And so he donned the gray vest for the season opener as a symbolic gesture, one intended to show his players he meant what he said. For a guy as superstitious as Rhule, this was no small change. He wore the same black short-sleeve cage jacket for his first two seasons at Baylor. He had gone with that look ever since 2015, when his Temple team upset Penn State in the season opener. “In 2015, I went beard and I went black cage jacket and we won 10 games,” he said. Rhule calls himself a creature of habit, and he’s loyal to those habits.

So when Baylor won its first nine games of 2019, he had no choice but to stay loyal to his gray vest. When he first put it on, he admits he had no idea what he was supposed to wear underneath it. One of Baylor’s younger coaches suggested the white tee. After four games, he switched to a green undershirt, figuring it might look better to match the vest’s green hood. And ever since then, he’s donned the exact same look week after week. Because you don’t mess with a streak.

LOL.  In our earlier post, I thought you were making up the "smock".  It's real.  No way he doesn't roll here with it.  Maybe he could bring back a belly shirt and Bike coaches shorts on the sideline instead.  If not, at least use a 2 back set every now and again!

26 minutes ago, lo country said:

LOL.  In our earlier post, I thought you were making up the "smock".  It's real.  No way he doesn't roll here with it.  Maybe he could bring back a belly shirt and Bike coaches shorts on the sideline instead.  If not, at least use a 2 back set every now and again!

I saw an interview when he joined the panthers he talked about switching to regular attire so not sure he wears it anymore. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
7 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I saw an interview when he joined the panthers he talked about switching to regular attire so not sure he wears it anymore. 

Just from a quick image search, it looked like he wore the smock, the smock with a 1/4 zip, a hoodie, some short sleeve shirt, etc. 

1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Hmmm maybe he got superstitious and put it back on at some point. Or we hired a dirty liar for a coach smh

Most of the pics look like this:

15113041-850x560.jpeg

I think this is actually a Baylor pic edited with Carolina's logo

e6nrwlc3p1zw3r9iupwp

Hoodie, but it's for a cause so that could be why he wore it

USATSI_19206748-e1665358261690.jpg?w=100

This thing

5d4a5430-6b2f-11ec-baf0-2fc512eb9041

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Gotcha - so because it involved football players we should wait to announce our college coach.  

I find it interesting that we have all these unwritten rules about what should be impacted and what isn't when a tragedy by shooting happens.  Not to be catty, (but it will come across that way)  life seems to go on for every other mass shooting daily, I find it odd that we'd halt a coaching announcement because of an event that took place halfway across the country just because the victims are fb players.  I get that their practices, regional games etc might be impacted this next week, but I guess I missed what happened locally after Parkland and Broken Arrow and Raliegh and others within the last couple weeks - is the impact really just driven by who was killed?

There's two things at play.

#1, things that hit closer to home get more of a response. You care more about someone you went to high school with dying than you do about someone you've never met in Alaska. #2, it's a bad look, or at least people who have actual jobs to manage media and public relations can easily be convinced that it's a bad look. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I'd like to see him bring back the tear away jerseys.  We need all of the advantages we can get. 

• Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1