Who should our next HC be?

17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m still surprised that given how long Mike Riley coached at Oregon State that so many NU fans had no idea who he was. Granted he wasn’t a huge name in coaching, but he was at Oregon State for a long time. 

I’m not even ashamed to admit I did not follow Oregon State football and had no clue who he was. 

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

i don't believe rhule has any clue how to turn this program around, and he just wants to quickly take another job before he becomes irrelevant. 

You can almost say no one knows what it will take, except MJ.  So he wants a job before becoming irrelevant , whereas another coach would take the gig for the $$$ only, not bc they know what it will take. Fairly a blanket statement imo

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I think if it is Rhule, its the best hire we have made since TO.  Will it work?  Time will tell, but this hire is a good one if true.  He has built programs.  Temple and Baylor.  He has put in the time and hard work and gotten results.  Sure, he might not win 8 games next season, but this team will improve each and every year.  The next thing that will concern most is the fact that he is a Penn St grad.  Whatever happens, happens.  Franklin appears to me to be staying put, but one never knows....could Auburn come calling...........?

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
40 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Well we love to pay people to not coach- so maybe that’s it. 

laughing all the way to the bank 

51 minutes ago, Toe said:

Like maybe she's laughing at the suckers who bought into the rumors.

Appreciate the responses.

Don't get why that would be put out there w/o context and why anyone feels the need to respond when there's no context. Maybe she heard a great joke, but who the heck knows.

The stupidity of Twitter, I guess.

50 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I think if it is Rhule, its the best hire we have made since TO.  Will it work?  Time will tell, but this hire is a good one if true.  He has built programs.  Temple and Baylor.  He has put in the time and hard work and gotten results.  Sure, he might not win 8 games next season, but this team will improve each and every year.  The next thing that will concern most is the fact that he is a Penn St grad.  Whatever happens, happens.  Franklin appears to me to be staying put, but one never knows....could Auburn come calling...........?

Chatter about Kiffin to Auburn 

12 minutes ago, corncraze said:

That’s assuming Mickey is staying…

Sure but I wouldn't think it's a huge assumption. For example Donte Williams was the interim HC at USC and he stayed on.  Coleman came aboard and none of Mickeys other recruits have left.

When Rhule came to Baylor he hired a high school HC who's now the Texas Tech HC & the president of Texas High School to win in state recruits. Mickey would be the same kind of thing at Nebraska. 

• Fire 1
19 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

Sure but I wouldn't think it's a huge assumption.

Ehh... it might just be semantics, but it is certainly more rare than not for a current member of a staff to be retained by a new HC at this level. Just pure statistics.

I'd like to see MJ retained. He's very likeable, seems like a good coach and recruiter. But I think people need to prepare themselves for the genuine, statistical likelihood that MJ goes to a different university if he's not retained as HC.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1