Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

It is a disinformation tactic by the AD.  He is bringing Mike Riley back with Scott Frost as OC and Bo Pelini at DC.  I heard it from the barista at Starbucks downtown Worms NE.  They are credible.  

Are you sure that wasn’t Nightcrawler's and who’s going to be in charge of special teams?

• Plus1 1

I haven't been truly excited for a new coach since we fired Callahan.  The Frost speculation and hiring was up there, but I also knew what a mess he was taking over.  Never expected him to fail so spectacularly after plenty of time.  I'm not all that jazzed about this new hire. Honestly would be happy to get back to Bo Pelini level numbers, maybe sniff a conference championship appearance once in a blue moon.  Just tired of being the new Minnesota/Vanderbilt/Kansas

• Plus1 3

34 minutes ago, Redux said:

I haven't been truly excited for a new coach since we fired Callahan.  The Frost speculation and hiring was up there, but I also knew what a mess he was taking over.  Never expected him to fail so spectacularly after plenty of time.  I'm not all that jazzed about this new hire. Honestly would be happy to get back to Bo Pelini level numbers, maybe sniff a conference championship appearance once in a blue moon.  Just tired of being the new Minnesota/Vanderbilt/Kansas

Agree with everything here.

To the bolded:  I wonder what would have happened if Frost would have had Joseph from the get go.  It just seems like Mickey is more about being physical in practice and player accountability.  If ifs and buts were candy and nuts"...

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

To the bolded:  I wonder what would have happened if Frost would have had Joseph from the get go.  It just seems like Mickey is more about being physical in practice and player accountability.  If ifs and buts were candy and nuts"...

Would have never happened, Scott didn't want anybody around that would indicate he may not be the Messiah of football coaching. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Would have never happened, Scott didn't want anybody around that would indicate he may not be the Messiah of football coaching. 

True.

Which is why it won't surprise me to see Frost get humbled a bit and go to a school like USF and end up having a really good career and getting back to a Power 5 team.  How sucky is it going to be when he ends up coaching at Iowa in 10 years and doing a good job?  Gross!

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm at the point I wish we never let him go to UCF to begin with and replaced Bo with him.  I hated the idea of firing a first time head coach and starting over with another first time head coach, but in hindsight that would've been far better timing and situation than what he was handed off the heels of Riley.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

True.

Which is why it won't surprise me to see Frost get humbled a bit and go to a school like USF and end up having a really good career and getting back to a Power 5 team.  How sucky is it going to be when he ends up coaching at Iowa in 10 years and doing a good job?  Gross!

I can agree with most of this except the bolded.  I'm sure Frost has figured it out that it's really difficult to recruit to the midwest.  He'll stay a lot closer to a recruiting hotbed.  I could see him somewhere like Miami.