Who should our next HC be?

Regardless, Urban could be announced this week. Maybe the speculation was a week off.

We don't know.

Next week after Iowa?

Maybe. 

Or it could be the Coastal Carolina guy.

Or, out of left field, it could be Mack Brown or some goofy deal like that.

We don't know.

Buzz around Urban. Ok. I am thinking Urban is still in the running because....why not.

Could we say Urban isn't likely. Yes. You already did. But what's the fun in that exactly?

If I wanted cold rational thinking, would I be sitting around debating who is going to be the coach of a football team made up of 18-23 year olds? Ummmmmmmmmm. No

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

:lol: Probably going to be an OC/DC with no HC experience.  Which then makes NO sense.  But it is believable for sure.

I hope I am wrong, but I think it will Bill O'Brien.  :(  

And hear how great he was in 2012 with Penn State.  Big Ten guy.  OC at Alabama.  NFL experience.  Blah Blah Blah.

1 hour ago, HUSKER POWER said:

If I'm not mistaken that Urban rumor was originally posted LAST week, which means the announcement was supposed to happen this past Sunday... (it obviously didn't)

Not to mention it would take a lot more $ than that to land Urban

Urban Meyer was in town. His limo with darkened windows appears to have picked up a local waitress and given her a ride to an undisclosed location.

What a thoughtful guy.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, M.A. said:

Loses aren't irrelevant. Nothing is. I can say with confidence that Mickey has been putting together a plan. That alone isn't going to earn him the position. Just for fun though, Vance Joseph as DC and Matt Rhule as OC would be something though wouldn't it! 

What if Rhule was coming in to meet with MJ about being the OC?  Dude doesn't need money.  Get the O clicking and rebuild his post Panther's mage....Guys have and continue to rebuild resume at Bama.  Granted that's Bama, but starnger things have happened...

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Isn't Rhule a career .500 coach who flamed out of the NFL?

Maybe it'll work this time.

His schtick didn't work in Carolina.  Or JB as an OC.  Rhule is used to being able to recruit 20+ kids a recruit cycle and "flip" the roster in a class or two. NFL, you get about 5-7 guys each draft.  53 man vs 87 man roster.  Also easier to coach kids who want to get into the league vs guys already in the league.  IMHO, his NFL record doesn't bother me at all ie Saban, Urb, Spurrier etc...

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, lo country said:

What if Rhule was coming in to meet with MJ about being the OC?  Dude doesn't need money.  Get the O clicking and rebuild his post Panther's mage....Guys have and continue to rebuild resume at Bama.  Granted that's Bama, but starnger things have happened...

I prefer Rhule comes as HC and brings Chadwell as OC.:smokin

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1