Who should our next HC be?

9 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Or maybe it's true and ALL the coaches wives are passing on us?

Rhule's wife Julie is tough. If she can weather losing her mom after fighting cancer for five years and a sister dying in the TWA flight explosion, I'd say she can handle most anything.

The two met during college at a Chili's where she worked as a waitress and he in the kitchen. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Knothole Seats @ 50 Cents said:

20C26D3E-225A-4A32-B3E8-2992FAAA8EB9.jpeg.9ec0d4bba964e33b95318ffdb4e2e17a.jpeg

Passing? Upset? Not us…

These aren't coaches wives. They're a group of psychotherapists that are really beginning to question the sanity of a large segment of our fan base!  :D

*Edit: Me included 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I don't believe it will be Rhule, so prepare yourself.

Why would Trev Alberts fire a coach 3 games into the season, while Matt Rhule is still coaching in the NFL, if he was his #1 target? 

Point is, You don't dump a chick if you don't have one lined up right away (wisdom).

So when he fired Frost after 3 games, he had to know who his replacement was at that time, while keeping it under wraps.  

We might be circling back to Matt Campbell.  I still feel Bill O'Brien might have been the guy who was considered (he's an OC and can talk about HC jobs during season, no biggie). 

I seriously doubt it is Rhule, no matter how much steam is picking up.  

Lane would be amazing, but we all know that.  And a home run hire.  Part of me wants to wish it's him so badly.  Otherwise, we got to be honest here.

• Plus1 2

41 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Rhule's wife Julie is tough. If she can weather losing her mom after fighting cancer for five years and a sister dying in the TWA flight explosion, I'd say she can handle most anything.

The two met during college at a Chili's where she worked as a waitress and he in the kitchen. 

After all that, why would you punish her by bringing her here?

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, admo said:

I don't believe it will be Rhule, so prepare yourself.

Why would Trev Alberts fire a coach 3 games into the season, while Matt Rhule is still coaching in the NFL, if he was his #1 target? 

Point is, You don't dump a chick if you don't have one lined up right away (wisdom).

So when he fired Frost after 3 games, he had to know who his replacement was at that time, while keeping it under wraps.  

We might be circling back to Matt Campbell.  I still feel Bill O'Brien might have been the guy who was considered (he's an OC and can talk about HC jobs during season, no biggie). 

I seriously doubt it is Rhule, no matter how much steam is picking up.  

Lane would be amazing, but we all know that.  And a home run hire.  Part of me wants to wish it's him so badly.  Otherwise, we got to be honest here.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's Campbell, but people saw Rhule here and serious sports guys are talking about Rhule. I bet it's Rhule. I already have a smock picked out.

If it's Campbell, he'd better bring that acrobat JUCO quarterback with him. With this line we'll need the QB to be an acrobat.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Rhule, Kiffin, Malzahn, Leipold, Klieman, Chadwell, Patterson, Monken, Deion, Aranda, and Mickey.  Missing anyone?

Matt Campbell.

Look it this way.  Trev laid out a plan for his football program this past offseason and for xHCSF.  Then terminated him 3 games into the year.

- Going into 2022 KU Lance Leipold was not on anyone's radar.  

- Going into 2022 KSU Chris Klieman had 3 years of P5 with conference record of 5-4, 4-5, 4-5.

- Patterson was forced retired and done with it (HC).

- Chadwell has success at G5, but we know the competition, toughness, speed, athleticism is not nearly the same as P5 Big Ten Football or SEC or even ACC.  

- Sanders isn't even coaching against FCS, G5, P5 teams that are way more talented and scheme and play bigger and faster.

- Monken is military.  No offense to the Army.

- Malzahn is at UCF - and we just went through that with Frost

- Aranda is coming off a Big 12 title championship.  Maybe he benefited from some of Rhule's players, but still.  There may have been some off season talks.

- Kiffin will talk and listen.  But he will do whatever he wants to do, whenever he wants to do it.  There may have been some off season talks.

- Rhule was entrenched into the NFL.  If Rhule takes the Husker job, it's because Rhule lost his job at NFL and Trev Alberts never had a guy in place until then.  Nope.  Nobody willing to take the job until he did.  Which is like playing dice in the streets.  Or someone coming along to luckily save the day (and save face).

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Wow this better not turn to Campbell as that would be a dud. The storyline would be it was Campbell all along as why would you buy his stock now?  That would be a bad look that the AD strung everybody along and picked someone most are not excited about and most think would have a ceiling. If we have the money we say we do it better be a big time hire.