Who should our next HC be?

My opinion is that Trev is handling this with class and is setting the tone for public perception when it comes to respecting the kids and Mickey. If we want Mickey to stick around in some capacity,  let him see us through the next two games and all is well. No reason to risk disrespect because we have severe anxiety :ohnoes

• Plus1 4

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What about players?  I wonder if they would feel like a weight is lifted is someone is announced?  I am sure they are hearing the daily Rhumors.  And they are being asked by multiple people (family, friends, classmates, etc) per day if they know who the next coach is?  Maybe it would be good for them to get some finality to the saga?

I don't know.  I can see arguments both ways...

Don’t you think it’s a sign that a few players are not participating in the senior day pregame?    

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The only reason to name the coach before the end of the regular season is to satisfy the impatience of the Husker fan base.  In the long run, it won't matter one bit if Rhule or some other coach is named Monday between Wisconsin and Iowa or the Sunday after Iowa.  The next coach will be successful or not on his own time.

If the new head coach is named before the Iowa game, then he may show up to the game and be interviewed for about 5 minutes during one drive of the game.  Mike Riley made a short appearance during the Holiday Bowl after he was hired.  Riley also appeared on that coach's broadcast on ESPN during the National Championship game, and NU fans nearly creamed themselves thinking he was so good on there.  Did those appearances have any impact during Riley's tenure at NU?  Did Scott Frost coaching UCF in the Peach Bowl after he was hired, where NU fans were thinking "It will be a 4 hour commercial for Frost taking over at NU" have a positive impact on NU?

When Riley was hired, most of us were like WHAT?! WHY? 

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'll say it again,  He is a DUDE.  And simply wins. We could do a whole lt worse!  But to answer you, yes.  Prime looks great in red.

I'm going to support him if he comes here, just like Bo, Riley & Frost. (Callahan not so much but meh)

I just don't think it's going to happen. We'll see.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm going to support him if he comes here, just like Bo, Riley & Frost. (Callahan not so much but meh)

I just don't think it's going to happen. We'll see.

Same.  Whoever we get, is who I'll cheer for.  Some great names have been thrown out.  Just not going to get wrapped around the axle if it's not "the guy".  I've drank the kool-aid too many times so even if it is "the guy", he will have to prove it.  

• Fire 1
Just now, Crusader Husker said:

As a Husker Collective we wanted Frost.  I don't trust us anymore.

Trev can keep stuff quiet.  UNO FB and Wrestling didn't know they were done, until they were.

You saying Nebraska is dropping the football program now!:madash    Hell has frozen over and pigs are flying!!

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Wait... You are saying they are going to SHUT DOWN THE HUSKER FOOTBALL PROGRAM..... Makes sense.

RIP HUSKER FOOTBALL

Just now, TGHusker said:

You saying Nebraska is dropping the football program now!:madash    Hell has frozen over and pigs are flying!!

GREAT MINDS

• Haha 1