Who should our next HC be?

7 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Really, I thought Rhule was still signed, sealed and delivered. Did I miss something?

I kind of quit keeping up after Deion sheepishly told his team he didn't talk to anyone from Nebraska.

Don’t refer to Primetime as a sheep! He doesn’t do anything sheepishly!

Sanders could be the OC for Rhule.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Really, I thought Rhule was still signed, sealed and delivered. Did I miss something?

I kind of quit keeping up after Deion sheepishly told his team he didn't talk to anyone from Nebraska.

Rhule was never in town.  Bunch of BS made up stuff for us folks on messages boards to speculate about.  As of this morning according to one of the regents no one has signed any type of agreement of understanding or would be considered as having the job.  Texas boosters think Patterson has a deal in place but thats speculation from rumors they have heard down there.  I also heard from someone on their end say he was talked to about a non head coaching role.  So that could be anything.   

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Skerbaby said:

Rhule was never in town.  Bunch of BS made up stuff for us folks on messages boards to speculate about.  As of this morning according to one of the regents no one has signed any type of agreement of understanding or would be considered as having the job.  Texas boosters think Patterson has a deal in place but thats speculation from rumors they have heard down there.  I also heard from someone on their end say he was talked to about a non head coaching role.  So that could be anything.   

Patterson said today that he is seeing his commitment to Texas through.  Of course, the end of the season might be the end of his commitment.....Just like Deion saying he has not been in contact with NU.  Doesn't mean "my people haven't spoken with their people".  

20 minutes ago, Skerbaby said:

My buddy has a picture of Rhule in Lincoln yesterday he’s going to send it to me tomorrow so there’s that 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Notes from today's Split Zone Duo

- Agent pool has discussed Rhule, Monken, and Patterson more than others, although there are others.

- Terms that keep coming up for candidates are "organization" and "discipline"

Discussed at length that this has been a quiet and professionally operated search. It's probably not a coincidence that those three names belong to three coaches that you can feasibly vet/interview/hire before year-end. Based on how the search has operated, it's likely that it will continue past Iowa and we'll hear the names of sitting head coaches at that time.

Not much new, but it's nice to hear that Trev is probably one of/the most respected AD in the marketplace.

• Oh Yeah! 1