Who should our next HC be?

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I honestly think there is close to a 0% chance that Trev hires either Patterson or Monken.  I think their agents are just doing a good job of floating their names to drum up interest in them at other places.  (If Nebraska wants them, maybe program X should too...)  And in the absence of leaks coming from Trev, those 2 names have have filled the vacuum.

Patterson was ran out of TCU because he hates NIL and the Portal.  Monken is at a place where he has never had to recruit or deal with NIL/Portal (and you can't sell a guy who goes 4-8 this year) .

If we were going option I would personally prefer Calhoun or Chadwell.

• Plus1 4

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If we were going option I would personally prefer Calhoun or Chadwell.

Calhoun falls into the same bucket as Monken - no recruiting, NIL, or Portal experience.  It just doesn’t make sense for Trev to choose someone like that.

As far as Chadwell, I’ve said multiple times in this thread that I find it hard to believe he would have success here as he has never coached outside of South Carolina.

2 hours ago, Skerbaby said:

Rhule was never in town.  Bunch of BS made up stuff for us folks on messages boards to speculate about.  As of this morning according to one of the regents no one has signed any type of agreement of understanding or would be considered as having the job.  Texas boosters think Patterson has a deal in place but thats speculation from rumors they have heard down there.  I also heard from someone on their end say he was talked to about a non head coaching role.  So that could be anything.   

More rumors!

2 hours ago, Skerbaby said:

Rhule was never in town.  Bunch of BS made up stuff for us folks on messages boards to speculate about.  As of this morning according to one of the regents no one has signed any type of agreement of understanding or would be considered as having the job.  Texas boosters think Patterson has a deal in place but thats speculation from rumors they have heard down there.  I also heard from someone on their end say he was talked to about a non head coaching role.  So that could be anything.   

Patterson is staying put according to his statement. 

44 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

On Hail Varsity yesterday I heard Mitch Sherman say his sources told him that if Liepold is hired then Mickey would stick around.  Sounded like both parties had evidently discussed this.  Sherman thinks Liepold is the front runner right now if he had to guess.

This would be a C- or D hire. I don’t want him. I still think it’s between Mickey and Rhule with Rhule have the edge right now 

14 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Why Kiffin?

He's been everywhere and done nothing.

Where does the kiffin love come from?

Straight up question - no snark.

He has won everywhere he has been beside the NFL which doesn’t mean s#!t to me.  He has had 1 losing season and 1 .500 season in all the years he has been HC in college.  The guy is a great recruiter and honestly puts Frost to shame when it comes to offense.  It also doesn’t hurt that he is a graduate of the Saban School of Coaching.  That itself is big in a lot of coaching circles. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1