Who should our next HC be?

4 hours ago, Osbourneite said:

Let's be real, the Rhule rumors were started by the 'Platinum Board', a forum notorious for karma whoring and bulls#!tting to get subscriptions.

We all got carried away with it. We actually believed it because 'the stadium lights were on' with Rhule and his wife getting a tour lol. 

Jeeesus, how dumb could be we?

There was supposedly independent corroboration by NCIU too, not jut TPB.

3 minutes ago, desertshox said:

I know. I wasn't comparing the two. That was just the end of a string of posts I started by making the mistake of responding to someone freaking out over leipold being a possible hire. I think he has a good resume. The questions I have can't be answered until a hire is made.

Even though I quoted you, my response was in more of others who are questioning Leipold and his experience.  Even myself, I had to look into his experience at UW-Whitewater and Buffalo to really see how he had strong experience.  People just want to go right to his experience at Kansas, and say "he's only been a Power 5 head coach for 2 years, with only one year of success."  I think that's lazy in my opinion.

• Plus1 3

There's some speculation that the delay may be due to over what Rhule is owed by the Panthers. Like if we're paying low-ish so that he can collect the max from Carolina, and Carolina doesn't like that. (If we actually are paying low, hopefully that means the budget for coordinators will be large.)

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
11 minutes ago, Toe said:

There was supposedly independent corroboration by NCIU too, not jut TPB.

I posted the other day that my sister in law physically saw Rhule in the facility on Monday.  Her husband had to mansplain who he was.  I assumed they were delaying the announcement because of the UVA shooting but I was wrong on that.  I heard that he left with a contract for his attorneys to review.  There wasn't a yes or no at the meeting on Monday.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

I posted the other day that my sister in law physically saw Rhule in the facility on Monday.  Her husband had to mansplain who he was.  I assumed they were delaying the announcement because of the UVA shooting but I was wrong on that.  I heard that he left with a contract for his attorneys to review.  There wasn't a yes or no at the meeting on Monday.

Isn't your sister-in-law's husband?   Your brother?  Seems like that would be easier to say.  My brother saw him at the facility on Monday.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

I can concur that he was there as well.

18 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

I posted the other day that my sister in law physically saw Rhule in the facility on Monday.  Her husband had to mansplain who he was.

I can't believe I'm even engaging with this, but I do have some questions.

So she was the only one that was on campus and saw this guy? Or her husband was also there?

Because if it was only her...did she take a picture of him and show it to her husband?

4 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Is it not probable to rule out anyone already with a big 10 coaching job.  I would think that would be bad character to go after your fellow in conference coach.  It be like if you were single and trying to steal your brothers girl.

Here is how I feel about this. If our HC was killing it and OSU or Mich needed one they are absolutely gonna try to steal our coach and wouldn't even think twice about it. 

• Plus1 2