Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

I can't believe I'm even engaging with this, but I do have some questions.

So she was the only one that was on campus and saw this guy? Or her husband was also there?

Because if it was only her...did she take a picture of him and show it to her husband?

Lol, me either. 

They were both there on a stadium tour that they gave my nephew for his birthday.  They were by the meeting room area, saw Trev, Matt, and a few other assistants walk out of a meeting room and when they saw the tour group, went right back in the room.

4 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

Lol, me either. 

They were both there on a stadium tour that they gave my nephew for his birthday.  They were by the meeting room area, saw Trev, Matt, and a few other assistants walk out of a meeting room and when they saw the tour group, went right back in the room.

Big if true.

• Oh Yeah! 1
38 minutes ago, Toe said:

There's some speculation that the delay may be due to over what Rhule is owed by the Panthers. Like if we're paying low-ish so that he can collect the max from Carolina, and Carolina doesn't like that. (If we actually are paying low, hopefully that means the budget for coordinators will be large.)

I don't care we hire, I hope we put no monetary limitations on the coach hiring his staff.  If you want to run with the big dogs you've got to learn to piss in the tall grass.  It's time to quit f#&%ing around and step up and hire the best assistant coaches you can get. 

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

Lol, me either. 

Please confirm or deny: Are you your own grandpa? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Farms said:

I don't care we hire, I hope we put no monetary limitations on the coach hiring his staff.

Alternative take: This is actually a part of the problem.

I don't see why guaranteed money became such a huge part of the contract; it should be performance-based, contractually.

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Farms said:

I don't care we hire, I hope we put no monetary limitations on the coach hiring his staff.  If you want to run with the big dogs you've got to learn to piss in the tall grass.  It's time to quit f#&%ing around and step up and hire the best assistant coaches you can get

To the bolded:  isn't that the HC's job?  I get what you are saying in terms of money allotments for assistants.  However, certain coaches don't exactly work the best together even though they may be the best in their respective field.  If the HC wants to bring in a coordinator that is relatively unknown and new in their position, I don't think we need to make that said coordinator one of the highest paid in the country.  

Edited by junior4949
16 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

Lol, me either. 

What's with the secrecy? Its not like we're poaching him from another team or we're in playoff hunt and coaching change might discourage the players. 

He's unemployed, we're a perennially losing program in the need for a HC. Simple as that.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Undone said:

I don't see why guaranteed money became such a huge part of the contract; it should be performance-based, contractually.

That may be true in regards to head coaches, but assistants are a different ballgame in my opinion.  The staff we had under Frost for the most part was a complete joke and it showed.  I mean Matt Lubick for fucts sakes...  You go out and hire proven coaches and recruiters and it shouldn't matter what it costs to get them here.   The assistants that you hire are equally important to the head coach, in my opinion, so I don't see the point of paying a head coach $6-10 million a year just to tighten the purse strings on his staff.  

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Osbourneite said:

What's with the secrecy? Its not like we're poaching him from another team or we're in playoff hunt and coaching change might discourage the players. 

He's unemployed, we're in the need for a HC. Simple as that.

I don't think it is quite the simple.  Considering what he is owed from his last job, everything has to basically pass the smell test.  

7 minutes ago, Undone said:

Performance based contracts will be the norm in 5-7 years. Mark my words. 

The jimbo, Mel tucker disasters will prove me right

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

To the bolded:  isn't that the HC's job?  I get what you are saying in terms of money allotments for assistants.  However, certain coaches don't exactly work the best together even though they may be the best in their respective field.  If the HC wants to bring in a coordinator that is relatively unknown and new in their position, I don't think we need to make that said coordinator one of the highest paid in the country.  

Sure.  I was simply saying that I would hope that we would not limit the new coach with a budget in regards to his staff. If for example Rhule is the guy, and you have a chance to get Elijah Robinson from A&M, you do it even it costs you $1million a year.