Who should our next HC be?

10 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Who have you talked to besides the guy who is gonna mail you a photo he printed off the internet?

Well he is friends with a booster who lives down in Texas and has said to be the one who gave Trev the money for Frost buy out. I take everything with a grain of salt but he has been pretty consistent with what he’s been saying about Rhule 

16 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

What's funny is I'm pretty sure if we had hired Campbell last year after the season I bet the majority of the fan base would have had a positive reaction. Not saying we should get Campbell just funny how quickly perception changes. 

It is just crazy how much a gamble every coaching hire is.

Jimbo won a National Championship at Florida State, and even more so Gene Chizik at Auburn,  now look at him. It is wild how quickly things change. 

Every time a coach goes to a new school, it might work out, it might not. 

• TBH 3
1 minute ago, Micheal said:

It is just crazy how much a gamble every coaching hire is.

Jimbo won a National Championship at Florida State, and even more so Gene Chizik at Auburn,  now look at him. It is wild how quickly things change. 

Every time a coach goes to a new school, it might work out, it might not. 

And Frost won the Natty in 2017....You never know.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 1

45 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sam brings up Fickell a lot.  I found that interesting because he's not mentioned as a viable candidate

I found this particularly interesting as well. Sipple brought up his name for the first time in forever last evening too on his message board. Probably nothing, but odd. 

50 minutes ago, huskersrule95 said:

Monken or O’Brien Would be extremely disappointing. Would save me money on getting season tickets though

I agree...those 2 and Campbell are the names that do not excite me. 

In looking at private flights the past few weeks, the locations I have seen the most are Lexington, KC, Austin and Colorado Springs.

13 minutes ago, GSG said:

On the podcast I posted earlier, they seem to think they're going to stick with Leonard

I wonder about that - he's a much hotter commodity than Joseph, so I definitely thought they would. But the way they just started hemorrhaging recruits I wonder if they settled on a different guy and word is getting out to the recruits. 

7 minutes ago, tmfr15 said:

We don't know it's not Mickey. It could very well be Mickey and the rumors we are hearing, like Ruhle, are about coordinator jobs and not about HC. We know ZIP. And looking like we won't until probably the Sunday after Iowa.

We do know that… why would they waste time and leave it up in the air when they could’ve steady the ship weeks ago by announcing Mickey.

If and this is a huge if, they announce Mickey after what’ll be almost 12 weeks, it’ll be seen as a failure in everyone’s eyes.

Furthermore, Matt Rhule is not going from NFL head coach to offensive coordinator at a big ten west school, not happening.

• Haha 1