Who should our next HC be?

38 minutes ago, Toe said:

Whittingham? A Mormon who has been at Utah since before Tom Osborne's first National Championship? Did you seriously just suggest him as a candidate, Sam?

tJaBJjl.gif

It's more likely that Neon Flavor Flav Sanders will come here than either Whittingham or Fickell.

• Plus1 1

Does Trev already have a coach in place and ready to announce that HC after the Iowa game or is he waiting until after the regular season to interview those HC at other colleges to include MJ?  

Was MJ ever a possibility since he said during presser that he has not interviewed for the job yet?

Either way Im not sure if I like the way TA is handling this.  Like every other Husker fan I wish he had been a little more transparent.   But that is why he is tha AD and none of us here on Husker Board are.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, husker rob said:

Does Trev already have a coach in place and ready to announce that HC after the Iowa game or is he waiting until after the regular season to interview those HC at other colleges to include MJ?  

Was MJ ever a possibility since he said during presser that he has not interviewed for the job yet?

Either way Im not sure if I like the way TA is handling this.  Like every other Husker fan I wish he had been a little more transparent.   But that is why he is tha AD and none of us here on Husker Board are.

Hello! How are things in Germany?

We're not sure if Alberts has a replacement and when he will announce. I'd say that Joseph has a slim outside chance. I think that Trev has done a good job. It seems that he's gone about this in a thorough, professional manner. It's taking a long while. We'll have to wait and see.

You can learn more and join in the discussion on the "Who should be our next HC be". 

14 hours ago, Toe said:

Whittingham? A Mormon who has been at Utah since before Tom Osborne's first National Championship? Did you seriously just suggest him as a candidate, Sam?

tJaBJjl.gif

He was just throwing names at the wall and Whittingham came up as an option with the reason that he might just want to try something else, been in a spot so long he wants a change of scenery and the fact that the Pac 12 is going to be very different soon. He doesn't think it's likely, really the 3 on the podcast thought it's going to be Liepold or Campbell (Campbell because he was prob Alberts first pick if he could have fired Frost last year).

• Fire 1

Callahan

- Under the radar option is Jeff Traylor (UTSA)

- Kalen DeBoer calls Nebraska his "destination job".  But has a $12M buyout.

Sipple

- "Smoke around Rhule is thick.  It's real"

- If Nebraska announces this Sunday/Monday, its Rhule.  It it waits until after Iowa it won't be him.

- Prominent on Nebraska's radar:  Leipold, Klieman, Monken, Doeren, Campbell

- Mickey is a "long shot"

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Callahan

Sipple

- If Nebraska announces this Sunday/Monday, its Rhule.  It it waits until after Iowa it won't be him.

Wow Sip, go out on a limb

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Callahan

Sipple

https://www.si.com/college/texas/.amp/football/longhorns-utsa-jeff-traylor-coach

Article on Jeff Traylor.  I had not paid attention to that name before much…..

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1