Who should our next HC be?

56 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Good Lord... Safe to say everybody's uptight LOL

Mickey being a serious candidate at this point is probably not in the cards (rightfully), but I do believe that if Wisconsin were to lose this game, Jim Leonhard's chances of getting the HC gig there goes WAY down, if not sabotaging it altogether. He already has a bad loss against Michigan State, and this could do him in...

Well if he loses to Nebraska, we sure don’t want him :lol:

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1

53 minutes ago, Red Five said:

DeBoer is basically a 10 year younger version of Leipold.

Won like crazy at a lower division.  Won at a Group of 5 school.  Hasn't fully proved himself at a P5 job, but early returns look good.

Exactly my point. He is not qualified (yet) to be our next coach. And for the record, I have my doubts about Leipold too.

I sure hope we’ve set a higher standard.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Exactly my point. He is not qualified (yet) to be our next coach. And for the record, I have my doubts about Leipold too.

I sure hope we’ve set a higher standard.

Realistically speaking (aka not urban) who would meet the higher standard?  Feel like that group is not that many names, some that come to mind:

Kiffin, Stoops, Whittingham, O'brien?

38 minutes ago, Toe said:

Everything I've heard still points toward Rhule. Supposedly the holdup is Carolina, trying to get things squared away with his buyout, and they're playing hardball.

Alright, I'll play along... Where are you getting this information about Carolina playing hardball?

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, HANC said:

Wow Sip, go out on a limb

The only thing Sip is willing to go out on a limb for is the buffet at a strip club.  "How long have these eggs been out?  Eh, no big deal, I'll risk it."

6 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Thats ok. Then Thurston will finally have someone to listen to him 

THE DREDGE DEMANDS A SACRIFICE

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Alright, I'll play along... Where are you getting this information about Carolina playing hardball?

I've heard the same rumor about Carolina protesting what we want to pay Rhule.  Panthers are saying Market Value for the coach should be 7M+ and that's not what we had hoped to pay Rhule (haven't heard what we hoped to pay him).   Carolina trying to get out of how much they will have to pay on his buyout.

This isn't anything published, but that's what I've been told.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1