Who should our next HC be?

4 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes they could be playing all the media.  Now if Franklin would go to Auburn I can see Rhule going to Penn State where he played ball.

It would complete idiocy to leave Penn State for Auburn who have the most meddlesome boosters in America (even worse than Texas) .

Also, Happy Valley >> Bumhole, Alabama

• Plus1 2

38 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Iowa State is literally in the cellar in the Big XII.  

And I realize Iowa State is not an easy place to recruit to but I'm not sure what your basis is for the recruiting comment.  He has averaged one four-star recruit per year for the last six years - most of whom are from Iowa - and struggles to sign classes in the Top 50.

Mickey I'd buy.  Campbell not so much.

What has Mickey ever done other than catch lightning in a bottle with Ja'marr Chase and Justin Jefferson?

He sucks.

One bad season doesn't make Campbell a bad coach considering his two best players left last year. He's made 6 bowls in a row. You want to know how many bowls ISU made before him? 11 in their entire history. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Osbourneite said:

What has Mickey ever done other than catch lightning in a bottle with Ja'marr Chase and Justin Jefferson?

He sucks. 

Pump the brakes. Mickey is a great recruiter and receiver coach.  But we need an off the charts hire.  Mickey will get those NFL type guys IF we get the big name coach. But if we go small then you just reduced Mickey’s influence to land the recruits we need.  Trev better get this right.  The hire needs to be an immediate “we are here to stay”

statement.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

So we would be paying Mickey somewhere from 6-10 million a year?!!! You'd be willing to pay him more than the chosen one Frost with much less experience. WOW. And that is not a lowball offer. That is anywhere from 4th to 1st most made in the B1G for an assistant who cares more about the players and relationships than the money. I do agree that we will spend what it takes. Trev said so the other day during the radio interview.

You really read into my post.. To clarify, my thought was a 5-7 mil offer for say Rhule/Meyer/Aranda would be low ball.. I'd assume MJ would be 3-5 with incentives that might reach 7. For the Rhule's of the game, I'd assume their looking at 8-10... I understand why you read it as you did and NO I wouldn't expect Trev to offer MJ more that 5.

I was gonna post something but remembered to remind myself not post after 4 beers or 12am. 

fortunately for me I’ve had 5 beers and it’s well past midnight. So I won’t embarrass my self any more that to suggest Tom Sawyer by Rush, Edge of the Ocean by StickFigure, and Paradise by 311. 

see you Monday morning, ya stinkfist (by tool) 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, I am I said:

I was gonna post something but remembered to remind myself not post after 4 beers or 12am. 

fortunately for me I’ve had 5 beers and it’s well past midnight. So I won’t embarrass my self any more that to suggest Tom Sawyer by Rush, Edge of the Ocean by StickFigure, and Paradise by 311. 

Five beers does this?

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

I love how the stadium lights have become the signal like the papal enclaves' white smoke.  

As often as we do this we really do need an official signaling tradition. I propose red powder blasts out the top of Mueller Tower as the bells play There Is No Place Like Nebraska alternating with Another One Bites the Dust.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, I am I said:

5 beers? Those are rookie numbers.