Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Frost came from a lower conference.  His system did not work in major college football.  If we take a coach from a mid-major, there needs to be pluses.  Not just because they use a running offense.

It's not the system that impresses me, it's the discipline that the shrimpy team plays with. I don't want to run the triple option because the league has  banned the type of blocking needed to run it. I'm sure whatever Monken or Calhoun would run, it would look like a well oiled machine, not the clunky old back-firing jalopy we've been seeing.
But I doubt that's who we're hiring....it's just good convo for a message board. I think we need a Rhule to beef up both our lines and to quit winning the off-season championship by recruiting 40 skill players at the same position.

Probably the best "mid-major" coach we could get is Leipold.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Frost came from a lower conference.  His system did not work in major college football.  If we take a coach from a mid-major, there needs to be pluses.  Not just because they use a running offense.

That about Frost has been my argument against him since his second year here.  I obviously agree.  But, I'm speculating on Jeff Monken because of his long term winning ethic, not so much has running game, although I really do like that emphasis especially if he would recruit and develop with that in mind along side a good OC who can offer that and passing dimension. 

2 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

If it's Matt Campbell, then I'm done. Imagine waiting all of this time, hoping for a homerun hire, only to settle for Campbell. I just couldn't watch anymore if this happens. I'd have no hope left.

Me too!!! I'd probably start crying inside if that were to happen bc I would know that Nebraska finally admitted to themselves that we allowed failure to succeed.

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Just have faith that TA is going to bring in the best possible coach no matter what.

At this point, if it’s not UM, it’s going to be difficult for me to get to optimistic.   DeBorer, might move the needle, but everyone else is just “okay” in my opinion.   Been burned too many times.  

There is nothing special about the option just like any scheme. It’s about how you run it. The benefit is you don’t need even good skill players to win at this level at WR/TE. But it would indeed be hard to recruit a QB, WR, & even TE in the Btn. We don’t have a recruiting problem. It is development. You guys who are sold on the option are unable to analyze the bigger picture. It’s actually comical. Like that will be so seamless to do. Correction does imply causation. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Anyone saying put faith in TA to hire the right coach is crazy! I'm not putting any faith in this program to do the right thing at the right time. They've shown time and time again they'll f#&% things up! Until they hire the right coach I'm expecting them to screw this up. :dunno

That's the only logical conclusion to come to until proven otherwise, but fans are emotional and not logical for the most part. 

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

At this point, if it’s not UM, it’s going to be difficult for me to get to optimistic.   DeBorer, might move the needle, but everyone else is just “okay” in my opinion.   Been burned too many times.  

I understand me too. Its been far to long and down right embarrassing to say that certain teams are way way better then us and they shouldn't be. Georgia Southern is one of them or Northwestern even if they have a worst record then we do. 

4 minutes ago, Decked said:

There is nothing special about the option just like any scheme. It’s about how you run it. The benefit is you don’t need even good skill players to win at this level at WR/TE. But it would indeed be hard to recruit a QB, WR, & even TE in the Btn. We don’t have a recruiting problem. It is development. You guys who are sold on the option are unable to analyze the bigger picture. It’s actually comical. Like that will be so seamless to do. Correction does imply causation. 

Chadwell fits the bill of a HC who knows his scheme.  How to recruit to it and develop guys to play in.  He had a great quote a posted somewhere (:D).  He talks about not being able to get the kids the other schools want, but he can identify and develop the kids to excel in his vision.  He's not a star gazer by any means. 

Would he move the recruiting meter? Probably not. Could he get us winning? Yes.  He been a HC for 13 years.....At 3 different levels....