Who should our next HC be?

5 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Anyone saying put faith in TA to hire the right coach is crazy! I'm not putting any faith in this program to do the right thing at the right time. They've shown time and time again they'll f#&% things up! Until they hire the right coach I'm expecting them to screw this up. :dunno

Out of the names out there who is the right hire just asking for your sake? I know for me having a average or below average or not proven coach won't get it done here. But some husker fans have asked and believe what winning coaches would want to come here? What would make them even say yes to us? 

On 8/27/2022 at 10:21 PM, SE 0F RD said:

I 10000% wanted Frost to work, seemed like the perfect choice at the time.  But, here we are, looking at a potential coaching change.  So my question is, who do you realistically want Trev to go after?  Gundy?  Campbell?  Just curious of realistic names Husker Nation wants to go after.  

All those guys are worse then Bo

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Out of the names out there who is the right hire just asking for your sake? I know for me having a average or below average or not proven coach won't get it done here. But some husker fans have asked and believe what winning coaches would want to come here? What would make them even say yes to us? 

Right hire because they'll come here or right hire just because? No way in hell would I come to this cursed place right now. Lol

• Haha 1

I’m starting to realize this may go down ugly. We want Rhule, we want Aranda. In the end I bet we get Grimes and try to sell it the same.  This is at bottom folks. What else do you want to see this team fail at?  We are a complete joke. That is why I say there is no risk with Deion now. The roster is going to change. Might as well make this a recruiting destination and put ourselves back on the map. Loser mentality is not an option with Deion. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 minute ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Right hire because they'll come here or right hire just because? No way in hell would I come to this cursed place right now. Lol

I'm confused by what you mean.  You said that until they hire the right coach im expecting for them to screw this up so Im saying who is the right coach not to screw this up in your mind? Who is or would be the right coach for you to come here?

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

I’m starting to realize this may go down ugly. We want Rhule, we want Aranda. In the end I bet we get Grimes and try to sell it the same.  This is at bottom folks. What else do you want to see this team fail at?  We are a complete joke. That is why I say there is no risk with Deion now. The roster is going to change. Might as well make this a recruiting destination and put ourselves back on the map. Loser mentality is not an option with Deion. 

This is insane, Trev has to know that if there is no chance to get any form of a splash hire he just keeps mickey but tells mikey to hire the best surround coaches he can find.  There is no way he is that stuipd.

29 minutes ago, Hagg said:

That about Frost has been my argument against him since his second year here.  I obviously agree.  But, I'm speculating on Jeff Monken because of his long term winning ethic, not so much has running game, although I really do like that emphasis especially if he would recruit and develop with that in mind along side a good OC who can offer that and passing dimension. 

Maybe, but not a big splash to me.

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

This is insane, Trev has to know that if there is no chance to get any form of a splash hire he just keeps mickey but tells mikey to hire the best surround coaches he can find.  There is no way he is that stuipd.

What is insane would be announcing Mickey as HC after the dismal performance of this team. Hire Prime, still hire strong assistants, recruit nonstop, coach them up, and see what happens. ZERO risk now with this. Plus we take over all the headlines. If Mickey is hired basically no headlines. This is a simple decision.

Just now, chamrocck said:

What is insane would be announcing Mickey as HC after the dismal performance of this team. Hire Prime, still hire strong assistants, recruit nonstop, coach them up, and see what happens. ZERO risk now with this. Plus we take over all the headlines. If Mickey is hired basically no headlines. This is a simple decision.

what if neon says no?

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

No what im saying is that if we cant get in a big name, what i would say the top 4.  Sanders, Rhule, Meyer, Kiffin, then we arent a big name place and we need to stick with what we have until we become a more desirable destination.  I