Who should our next HC be?

2 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Definitely better resources than Wisconsin, their indoor practice facility doesn’t even fit a full 100 yd length field. They are looking to build a new $300mm facility to try and catch up. Wisconsin does have a bigger state population, ~6mm, to pull recruits from though so clear advantage there.

https://madison.com/sports/college/football/a-300-million-indoor-football-practice-facility-at-wisconsin-is-closer-to-happening/article_7930114f-bdaf-538f-813c-9752798cd76d.html

Seems that everyone else has that home recruiting advantage. I'm wondering if Illinois will do an Ohio State now that they have a decent coach?

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

The point isn’t what they have done in the NFL, what matters is what they did at the college level as that directly correlates to WINS. The point of highlighting where those QBs got drafted after being low rated recruits is to show how good their development was and the fact that they were ballers at the college level. I don’t really care what Stick has done in the NFL, I care about that he was developed into a championship winning QB in college, to a level that the NFL wanted to draft him.

So much this.  I will let McCarthy worry about getting my Cowboys ready to play and winning.  I want our next HC to be able to recruit, develop and win with what they can get.  AT NEBRASKA.  Is it great to see former Huskers excel at the next level?  Absolutely.  But safe to say that we have had multiple PHENOMENAL players never get drafted and if they did, they had little impact in the NFL.  I want the Huskers to win.  Post collegiate success is just an additional bonus.  

When looking at the physicality of NDSU, the success that former Huskers have had at KSU, and KSU success now, I do think a guy like Klieman would be very good here tbh.  Would he move the recruiting needle?  Probably not, BUT winning will. Not as quickly, but just as surely.  I do not think Klieman would take years to flip to winning.  And he has done a few things NU hasn't done in years.  Beat #13 ranked Iowa (ranked team and Iowa) while HC at an FCS schools.....

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

No way we could win with an offense like this. It's ridiculous to think this could be done in the BIG.

https://fb.watch/gW9EESBw_W/

No but the simple play calling like that absolutely i believe. Not so much run it down your throat but line up your running and pass it to the tight end who got wide open.  Texas did it to us at the perfect time way back when and it was on a very crucial play in the game. Plays like that to switch it up.

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

No but the simple play calling like that absolutely i believe. Not so much run it down your throat but line up your running and pass it to the tight end who got wide open.  Texas did it to us at the perfect time way back when and it was on a very crucial play in the game. Plays like that to switch it up.

I think this offense with this quality of players would destroy the BIG.

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Do you think our superior facilities and high paid coaches should make us #1 in the BIG West? What happened there? We have better facilities, financing , and fan support than all of those teams with the exception of probably Wisconsin.(And maybe them too??)

I think those things help for sure. But the coaches that got paid here aren't worth it bc they are second rate coaches I mean that with no disrespect towards them bc they try their hardest for the University just not good enough. Having all those certain helps to be put in that position also being a team that is a college football blue blood does too even if fans don't like to accept that fact. You don't just win 900 games for nothing. The foundation was built to succeed but the University has made terrible decisions to remotely think that other Universities weren't going to try to pass us up. When you have the facilities and other things you got to upgrade those things. How long was our field outdated? We had one of the best weight programs in the country and that got outdated too. Im saying we realized after the fact that those things matter.  Glad we had a AD that actually pays attention. In order to get back we arent owned anything but it certainly helps if you get a great coach to put all those things together in what we have to offer.

1 hour ago, caveman99 said:

Really in depth analysis there. Thanks for contributing to the conversation. 

I get it alot of the fan base participates in military cosplay. Monken sucks he plays an extremely soft schedule and still manages to lose to teams like Uconn & Ball State. You can't run the option today, linebackers run like WRs & Safeties have range of the whole field. Way different story in the 90s. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, lo country said:

Unsure if sarcastic, but a lot of that offense would be as formidable now as it was then.  I'd love it. And not as impacted by the cold and wind.

No, I'm not being sarcastic at all. That offense would destroy the BIG. I personally would switch it up once in a while to throw more passes out of the shotgun, but that was done regularly in Solich's pro offense;.. not really reinventing the wheel.
I think we've been sold a load of crap with this scissor draw garbage. AG gets 8ypc...6 behind the line. :lol:
The main requirement would be that we would prioritize the line as #1.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

I get it alot of the fan base participates in military cosplay. Monken sucks he plays an extremely soft schedule and still manages to lose to teams like Uconn & Ball State. You can't run the option today, linebackers run like WRs & Safeties have range of the whole field. Way different story in the 90s. 

Yeah I just think that if you play a great defense that can defend the option your screwed bc you really don't have much else to lean on to try to move the ball to get yards.