Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm putting the cutoff for Rhule tomorrow.

It's possible that Trev would wait till next weekend to announce Rhule, but I would think if he were insistent on waiting for the season to conclude that he'd have said that on his radio show last week. But it's possible it's Rhule and they're still ironing out the contract details (I hope not)

Edit: to be clear, I hope they're not still ironing out details. I'd be very happy with Rhule 

I actually would be hoping that they ARE still ironing out the details if Rhule was my top pick. It would explain the delay.

2 hours ago, Lunchbucket said:

Coach Stieg about got run out of town years ago (I'm from that area).  Recently he's put up some decent teams. But not a P5 coach

Thank you, and no offense Lunch Pail, but that is part of my point.  

People need to embrace themselves though.

7 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I actually would be hoping that they ARE still ironing out the details if Rhule was my top pick. It would explain the delay.

A delay with Rhule if he's the guy probably isn't a great sign. Either he's holding out to see if other jobs open, or there are hold-ups on certain aspects of the contract, or of the Panthers buyout. My hunch is if there's no announcement tomorrow, it's not very likely to be Rhule (or Urban or Peterson)

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm putting the cutoff for Rhule tomorrow.

It's possible that Trev would wait till next weekend to announce Rhule, but I would think if he were insistent on waiting for the season to conclude that he'd have said that on his radio show last week. But it's possible it's Rhule and they're still ironing out the contract details (I hope not)

Edit: to be clear, I hope they're not still ironing out details. I'd be very happy with Rhule 

If there's no announcement tomorrow, I don't think that it'll be Rhule. That's where I'm at too. Unless, no matter what coach it is Trev wants to wait until after the season has concluded. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

My hope is if it's a coach still coaching it's Fickell since there's been no news or rumors it kinda makes sense like Riley to USC last year. If it is Rhule that's still a damn good hire 

It sounds like there's been a push for Fickell. Not sure how accurate that is or how successful Trev would be convincing Luke. 

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, M.A. said:

If there's no announcement tomorrow, I don't think that it'll be Rhule. That's where I'm at too. Unless, no matter what coach it is Trev wants to wait until after the season has concluded. 

If that were his stance, wouldn't he have said that on his radio show? That's what I've been pondering today. 

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

need-some-hugs-hug.gif

I don't want to say this on record, but I will....  I actually do like Monken a lot.  Love Army (no offense, but Navy too).  

Maybe it will be low-ball money so he can hire some kick a$$ coaches around him?  I wonder who he knows.... ?  And how he can recruit to Nebraska ?

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

If that were his stance, wouldn't he have said that on his radio show? That's what I've been pondering today. 

I'm not sure...Other than expressing understanding and asking for patience he didn't suggest anything really other than they were about where they wanted to be.

When Frost was dismissed, he did say that time wouldn't be an issue, that he'd take the necessary time. That could be conveying to potential coaches at the time that he wouldn't be rushing them into a decision or compromising their seasons in that way. Not to force things or be a nuisance. 

In the case of Rhule or other coaches not coaching, perhaps that's Trev's standard, to not announce prior to the conclusion to teams season. It would've been a good question to ask to him during the radio show. 

36 minutes ago, admo said:

See the source image

We fire Frost 3 games into the season; Then they say interim Mickey Joseph isn't good enough, and for 9 weeks we hear how amazing the next coach has to be with super P5 powers and experience? And now you are talking Army football ???  

Woah, pump your brakes, thats americas team your talking about there.  :o)