Who should our next HC be?

12 minutes ago, admo said:

I don't want to say this on record, but I will....  I actually do like Monken a lot.  Love Army (no offense, but Navy too).  

Maybe it will be low-ball money so he can hire some kick a$$ coaches around him?  I wonder who he knows.... ?  And how he can recruit to Nebraska ?

I will forget the squid part, but appreciate the compliment of Army/Monken. 

Monken already recruits nationally, all academies do. Admission is actually based on state population and directly correlates to the number of House Reps a state has since a member of Congress, either House or Senate, has to nominate you. In essence you are filling out 4 applications, one for the academy and one each for your local house rep and each senator. There are also a couple hundred of VP and Pres noms as well, but the bulk is through reps. Because of that, they have to recruit nationally by default, sort of like NU. If Monken adjusts his O scheme I think he could attract skill talent, plus he will bring a rep of having top notch D’s with him that his staff could use to attract top talent on that side of the ball. It wouldn’t hurt to bring Nate Woody or convince Jay Bateman to come back though for D-Coordinator. 

• Plus1 1

On 11/19/2022 at 6:37 PM, Toe said:

Judging from the stats on Football Outsiders, Baylor's OL was a rather mixed bag in 2019, Rhule's best season. Rankings in different categories anywhere from #16 to #116. Overall fairly mediocre, though.

kn3EsEQ.png

Feels like more of a product of the conference more than him being a great o line builder and those stats seem to prove that. 

• Plus1 1

Article from Sam.  He mentions the following:

Campbell

Rhule

Liepold

Klieman

Doeren (Beck and Garrison)

Fickell

Joseph

Monken

Has some comments on our woes and performance...

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/mckewon-how-eight-coaching-names-fit-nebraskas-big-picture-after-another-gut-punch/article_9307cd96-55dd-5bf0-b3a5-ca7363ada4f0.html?fbclid=IwAR3dsIIUQcxolYgJ09WQ0az6nBJpvQMbh_gtLoyVpkK28z10LwlGodI3AH4#tracking-source=home-top-story

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Article from Sam.  He mentions the following:

Campbell

Rhule

Liepold

Klieman

Doeren (Beck and Garrison)

Fickell

Joseph

Monken

Has some comments on our woes and performance...

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/mckewon-how-eight-coaching-names-fit-nebraskas-big-picture-after-another-gut-punch/article_9307cd96-55dd-5bf0-b3a5-ca7363ada4f0.html?fbclid=IwAR3dsIIUQcxolYgJ09WQ0az6nBJpvQMbh_gtLoyVpkK28z10LwlGodI3AH4#tracking-source=home-top-story

i wouldn't be mad at Luke Fickell. didn't think we'd have a chance at getting him