Who should our next HC be?

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well your more braver then me bc Im not touching it

Lol, lot of you guys r gonna be not happy if it is B.O.B.  Not the sexiest pick but I think resume and potential wise, he’s prolly the top ranked guy on the Husker potential power rankings board. More than anything else, he’d have a fundamental as hell program quickly here which is something we haven’t seen in 25 years 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Lol, lot of you guys r gonna be not happy if it is B.O.B.  Not the sexiest pick but I think resume and potential wise, he’s prolly the top ranked guy on the Husker potential power rankings board. More than anything else, he’d have a fundamental as hell program quickly here which is something we haven’t seen in 25 years 

Hell let him take over Auburn that sounds better.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, M.A. said:

If there's no announcement tomorrow, I don't think that it'll be Rhule. That's where I'm at too. Unless, no matter what coach it is Trev wants to wait until after the season has concluded. 

The way this entire search has been done, tight lipped, by all  reports, first class.   I can see Trev thinking the class thing to do is let Mickey and what he has left of a staff finish the season as the interim HC.

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Hell let him take over Auburn that sounds better.

I’ve never understood the hate for O’Brien on this board. It seems like we don’t want vanilla but we don’t wanna take a chance on a chadwell type guy cause it won’t fly in the big10 and we want P5 experience. We want fundamental play along the lines and a vision but not someone with a resume that lines up with that. Depending on how you view leipolds run at a lower division there isn’t a candidate that brings more to the table than BoB. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I just want to swing on here before the holiday week and wish everyone luck on their favorite pick for head coach. Let’s keep in mind we have an amazing chance to ruin Iowa’s season and for the hell we have been through we need this Friday. So instead of me clamoring for my favorite coach tonight, I am riding with MJ until Friday! #GBR:throwdabones1:

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4
15 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I’ve never understood the hate for O’Brien on this board. It seems like we don’t want vanilla but we don’t wanna take a chance on a chadwell type guy cause it won’t fly in the big10 and we want P5 experience. We want fundamental play along the lines and a vision but not someone with a resume that lines up with that. Depending on how you view leipolds run at a lower division there isn’t a candidate that brings more to the table than BoB. 

Really Urban Meyer brings more to the table, Chris Petersen does too. If your going to say those 2 aren't legit candidate well no one technically is bc we don't have a clue.

• Haha 1
On 11/19/2022 at 5:34 PM, RedDenver said:
2 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

I just want to swing on here before the holiday week and wish everyone luck on their favorite pick for head coach. Let’s keep in mind we have an amazing chance to ruin Iowa’s season and for the hell we have been through we need this Friday. So instead of me clamoring for my favorite coach tonight, I am riding with MJ until Friday! #GBR:throwdabones1:

I’m not even sure we will know this weekend I think part of the reason it is taking so long is they can’t find anyone they want that wants the job

13 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

One of the things that I like about a BoB or a Rhule hire is that they would be able to go out and get a staff hired that is not being brought over from another team, which at this time would seem like another conference. 

Plus BoB is a really good coach who dealt with the crap that happened at PSU and did it in a good way. The reason that he left Penn State had more to do with Penn State's administration at the time and not keeping promises.

There is a connection between Trev and him.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Really Urban Meyer brings more to the table, Chris Petersen does too. If your going to say those 2 aren't legit candidate well no one technically is bc we don't have a clue.

I’ll give u both of those. I’d love if we got urban, let’s bring a winner here. It just doesn’t seem realistic, he seems more likely to wait out for the ND job. Petersen I thought it was pretty well documented he’s living in the PNW for family/health reasons. If he’s gettable than hell yeah, just seemed not even a remote possibility 

I'm going to LOL when it turns out to be Kevin Steele.   A name no one is talking about, was Trev's position coach during his playing days in Lincoln, which also was when MJ was here and Busch was the defensive analyst, working with LBs (Trev and Steele).  Busch, Steele and MJ have probably crossed paths multiple times over the years and reconnected on the recruiting trail.   Steele is a grinder and worked under Saban at 'Bama, Les Miles at LSU.   I can see that being an out of left field, but a hire that Huskers fans could rally around.  

Not saying I think it will be or that Steele is even an option, just thinking, I can see Trev going this route and he does check a lot of boxes for Trev.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Word is Rhule seemed to have been the leader until the middle of last week.  Now it's said he may be looking elsewhere.

Klieman, Leipold and Rule were the three that seemed to be the priority list.  Doeren, Monken and Patterson also in the conversation but not the leaders.  With Rhule supposedly looking elsewhere, Doeren may have moved into the top group.

An announcement of Klieman would likely have to wait another week as KState is in position to be in the Big XII Championship Game.  Also, that makes it questionable if he would want to leave a school that is at the top of its conference for one near the bottom.

Joseph obviously seems to be on the outside looking in.

It sure seemed to me that Rhule was the pick a week or so ago.  And perhaps he was.  

This board is going to melt down if we have to wait another week to find out.  But that would whittle down the likely options quite a ways.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is Rhule seemed to have been the leader until the middle of last week.  Now it's said he may be looking elsewhere.

Klieman, Leipold and Rule were the three that seemed to be the priority list.  Doeren, Monken and Patterson also in the conversation but not the leaders.  With Rhule supposedly looking elsewhere, Doeren may have moved into the top group.

An announcement of Klieman would likely have to wait another week as KState is in position to be in the Big XII Championship Game.  Also, that makes it questionable if he would want to leave a school that is at the top of its conference for one near the bottom.

Joseph obviously seems to be on the outside looking in.

It sure seemed to me that Rhule was the pick a week or so ago.  And perhaps he was.  

This board is going to melt down if we have to wait another week to find out.  But that would whittle down the likely options quite a ways.

Husker247 board reported that. How reliable are they? I'm not familiar with their work.

20 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I’ll give u both of those. I’d love if we got urban, let’s bring a winner here. It just doesn’t seem realistic, he seems more likely to wait out for the ND job. Petersen I thought it was pretty well documented he’s living in the PNW for family/health reasons. If he’s gettable than hell yeah, just seemed not even a remote possibility 

You don't know if you dont try. He got out of football bc of somethings but I'd love to have him as my coach. Well respected for sure.

• Haha 1