Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, Husker816 said:

Nice! Where did you see that at?

Fickell has been mentioned more of late. Alberts would be a fool to not go after the likes of Aranda, Rhule and Fickle. Each fits the criteria Trev is looking for.

Those along with Stoops are better than other coaches that have been mentioned. At least he makes them say no.

With all of the smoke there’s been I can see how it would take attention off of more sought after coaches.

51 minutes ago, sho said:

The way this entire search has been done, tight lipped, by all  reports, first class.   I can see Trev thinking the class thing to do is let Mickey and what he has left of a staff finish the season as the interim HC.

That's exactly what he is going to do for Mickey. That is how you show the new coach coming in that you respected the job that the current coach did. That also shows the next coach how the ad handles things. You want as a clean respectful exit. Mickey even talked about how he would never try to leave this University out for dry when it came to recruiting kids. I know that has to be hard right now for them bc every kid is asking how can you talk or try to recruit us here if we don't know if you are coaching us next year good luck to explaining that that's why you haven't seen many kids commit here yet. I have high admiration for the job that Mickey tried to do and the coaches and i thank them for at least trying its not easy being a coach at a University you love that hasn't improved and receiving scrutiny from that. Now time to move on and let the past die and look forward to the hire of who TA decides. The announcement can't come fast enough. This program needs a new voice and new coaches to breathe air into the program that looks dead on the outside and definitely feels dead on the inside. TA is a smart guy and I have faith that he will put us in the best position to succeed with the hire.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Can you list one reason why trev would announce tomorrow instead of waiting 3.5 days later for the season to wrap?  There is literally zero coherent reason to announce tomorrow outside of appeasing desperate anxious fans who seem to have the patience of a 3 year old

We’ll have to continue to be patient.

My thinking is along the lines that announcing earlier would have benefits. The main ones being getting a jump on recruiting and some positive publicity. What we need to accomplish needs every advantage we can take.

There’s two opposing viewpoints that I have about it. I can see the reasoning behind not making an announcement too.

• Thanks 1

If Nebraska does say name a head coach that is a border head coach what benefits other then knowing the midwest and developing do they have to offer as a coach.? I ask to understand why the journalist always try to go with the people least exciting.  I hope that TA understands you can't just pluck a head coach from a small school to hope a school like Nebraska is going to succeed.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, huskerpower22 said:

I just want to swing on here before the holiday week and wish everyone luck on their favorite pick for head coach. Let’s keep in mind we have an amazing chance to ruin Iowa’s season and for the hell we have been through we need this Friday. So instead of me clamoring for my favorite coach tonight, I am riding with MJ until Friday! #GBR:throwdabones1:

Thanks. Same to you and yours as well!

Beating Iowa would be awesome to close the year out and end this final chapter of the season.

38 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If Nebraska does say name a head coach that is a border head coach what benefits other then knowing the midwest and developing do they have to offer as a coach.? I ask to understand why the journalist always try to go with the people least exciting.  I hope that TA understands you can't just pluck a head coach from a small school to hope a school like Nebraska is going to succeed.

Trev understands that. I’m sure that he’s been gathering a great deal of insight and is doing everything that he can to secure us the best coach that he can.

There’s a variety of reasons that journalists include those coaches you’re referring to.

It’s a safe bet that those are realistic options for us. Some of the information gathered or given to them is accurate, some isn’t. Much of it is speculation. Some of it’s opinion. Things sprinkled in to provoke interest and to keep drawing us back with their stories. 

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Turn that frown upside down if your believing that Matt Rhule is out it's all pure speculation bc nobody has a clue who is in or out. I would like other coaches other then Matt Rhule to come here but I can understand why people would want him.

I want him because

- He's primarily an O-line coach (our biggest weakness). 

- Excellent at player development (confirmed from numerous Baylor fans)

- Has great relationship with Texas HS coaches.

- Solid record of turning around struggling programs. 

He ticks all boxes in what we need. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1