Who should our next HC be?

14 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Brian Harsin? He's like the old Luke Fickel.

He, along with almost every other employed and unemployed coach that is still alive have been mentioned.   

Official leaks will start Saturday night and then we can really crank up this madness. . 

• Plus1 1

HOL with similar reports.

Rhule seems to be looking elsewhere.  I wasn't sure if I should believe that when I heard it last week but that seems to be the prevailing opinion now.

Stoops was contacted but now has an extension at Kentucky.

Leipold seems to be moving to the top of the list.  He hasn't signed a new deal with Kansas.

Doeren and Klieman are in the mix.

Fickell floated as a possibility.  DeBoer and Traylor listed as possibilities.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Brian Harsin? He's like the old Luke Fickel.

Wouldn't that be the full circle ironic thing to occur - the guy who beat Frost and led to his firing ends up replacing Frost.  That is what I call an audition for the job. 

From a friend who is a high school AD/football coach in Texas:

Rhule wanted three assistants at $1M+ but Trev said no.  

The timing of that would line up with Rhule's supposedly turning us down last week and Trev's "I do take very seriously being a good steward of the resources of the University of Nebraska" comment last week.

Of course, that comment was immediately followed by "we'll have the resources we need to hire the very best coach and the very best fit" so who knows.

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

HOL with similar reports.

Rhule seems to be looking elsewhere.  I wasn't sure if I should believe that when I heard it last week but that seems to be the prevailing opinion now.

Stoops was contacted but now has an extension at Kentucky.

Leipold seems to be moving to the top of the list.  He hasn't signed a new deal with Kansas.

Doeren and Klieman are in the mix.

Fickell floated as a possibility.  DeBoer and Traylor listed as possibilities.

Here is my order of these names listed:  Deboer, Fickell, Klieman, Leipold, Doeren, Traylor.  I feel like there is drop off from those first 3 to the latter 3.