Who should our next HC be?

If it's Urban, I'm leery.  This whole board screamed like a girl at an N Sync concert when Frost was hired.  College Station got their guy with Jimbo.

I'm not sure what to think on this one if it happens.  One thing is for sure is it will put Nebraska in the headlines, some good and some bad.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've seen several reports that the players think it's Urban.  I just don't see him having any interest in coming here but it's kind of odd that it keeps showing up.

I agree that it doesn't seem like Meyer wants to come here. His commentary during the second half of whatever that game was, when he talked about how this is a rebuild process and the time it would take, didn't seem like a guy interested in the job. It seemed like a dispassionate outsider describing something not involving him. 

I'd believe anything at this point, though. Urban, Deion, Liepold, whatever. They need to do whatever it takes to make this the correct hire.

Urban at $15 million per year for four-ish/five-ish years to reestablish the reputation, then handing it off to a good assistant (like the Ryan Day/Ohio State handoff) would be almost more than we could hope for.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I agree that it doesn't seem like Meyer wants to come here. His commentary during the second half of whatever that game was, when he talked about how this is a rebuild process and the time it would take, didn't seem like a guy interested in the job. It seemed like a dispassionate outsider describing something not involving him. 

I'd believe anything at this point, though. Urban, Deion, Liepold, whatever. They need to do whatever it takes to make this the correct hire.

Urban at $15 million per year for four-ish/five-ish years to reestablish the reputation, then handing it off to a good assistant (like the Ryan Day/Ohio State handoff) would be almost more than we could hope for.

but wasn't his commentary at the start of the game that Nebraska was still a destination job and that coaches would be dumb not to want to coach there? 

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He’s basically describing himself as a cherry picker of low hanging fruit where talent outweighs development.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's exactly what we deserve, minus any scandals.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's exactly what we deserve, minus any scandals.

a78.jpg

14 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Lol, lot of you guys r gonna be not happy if it is <insert any name>.  Not the sexiest pick but I think resume and potential wise, he’s prolly the top ranked guy on the Husker potential power rankings board. More than anything else, he’d have a fundamental as hell program quickly here which is something we haven’t seen in 25 years 

FIFY

3 hours ago, Fru said:

Who knows if Trev shooting down 3 assistants at $1m each is even true. 

If it was in fact shot down, is it perhaps because of who the assistants were going to be? Brian Ferentz makes just under $1m/year. Doesn’t mean he’s worth it. 

x1000

Watching people meltdown over a rumor about contract negotiation for a rumored coach is peak HC search.

• Plus1 3