Who should our next HC be?

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

With the names that are left, assuming Rhule is a no, I'm down with Klieman.  Have always liked how NDSU plays.  Dude also finally got AM a bowl game.  

I also think it's safe to say Chadwell isn't coming....

Thinking it will be none of these...

"He has already gotten more out of Nebraska players than the last guy"  is funny, but not flawed logic. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, lo country said:

With the names that are left, assuming Rhule is a no, I'm down with Klieman.  Have always liked how NDSU plays.  Dude also finally got AM a bowl game.  

I really like Kleiman, too, but the one issue with Kleiman, is that K-State has a great chance to make the Big 12 Title Game, which would push the announcement back another week, and create more doubt that he would actually leave KSU for NU. 

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

Klieman currently has 3 qb’s in the league. How many other coaches not named Nick Saban can say that right now?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Skerbaby said:

He wasn't.  As of Saturday morning he hadn't even talked with Nebraska or any of the NIL groups and they will most likely talk to the potential coach (Although there was a rumor one of the NIL groups followed him on Twitter for hot minute.) When that does happen I'm sure someone employed there will leak it out and it will be solid information. But the MR 2 day interview is made up stuff by another board trying to get members. There had been 3 coaches that reached out that can been some what confirmed from the coaching world side of things and their comments in the press and twitter. One signed an extension. One has an extension on his disk unsigned but ready to sign and the third person we weren't interested in. I know fairly confidently we reached out to several folks including Fickle who didn't return a call (that did come from a slip un in the AD office before a football game tail gate), and most aren't very interested because they have better chances where they are to succeed or they feel they will have a better shot at a good school in the next couple of years. Nebraska is kind of turd in a punch bowl to most coaches. So options are limited.  I think the "vote" of confidence in the media that Trev is doing an excellent job was also made up. I don't think the BOR would agree at this point if you ask them privately.  They are nervous that we don't have someone locked up yet after 70 plus days and really we need to have that done this week. I was told Mickey would be our fall back and he is one of the last two in the running for ASU. Not sure why he's up their list so high.  Outside of Nebraska where you had ties, you wouldn't really look at a life long receivers coach who was interim coach that won 2 games even if he's a good recruiter and has played the part right and said mostly the right things during those 2 months you were in charge. So props to him for getting that chance. I think if he was offered both jobs he would probably leave. I think he's frustrated that he hasn't been interviewed for the job as of last week similar to the way Turner Gill was treated by Steve Peterson when Frank was fired. Just my 2 cents on MJ's thoughts don't know anyone who's directly heard from him. Just folks around UNL that "get that sense" .  Pretty important week and not a lot of good information out there. Anything that is out there is from sources not inside the AD office and pretty vague. 

These baloney salesmen always show up at times like this.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

This search has gone on for a while. Many of us should step back and go with the most logical answer. Who is a grinder? Who is a developer? Also said person(s) could still be coaching in CCG's. This could be anyone, so I won't even bother throwing out a name just for the sake of it.

All other names are being thrown around for one reason -- money. Everyone's looking to get that raise and get paid. It's nothing new in the wide world of sports. We can sell our fan base to a prospective coach, our facilities, at the end of the day it's going to take the right Jimmies and Joe's to turn this program around.

Find an identity, recruit to it, stick to it. We are in a much deeper rebuild now than when SF was hired, IMO. We're at a distinct disadvantage with recruiting. We will never out recruit Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State. We need to recruit to our system, our schemes, what our identity is going to be instead of just being an after thought for recruits. Because of recruiting, this is one reason I think a higher tiered "outsider" coach won't come here unless we pay big-time money (which we won't) all candidates will be flattered and thank us for getting them a pay raise but that's about it.

It's a hard pill to swallow but this is the reality. We need a Bret Bielema kind of coach that can turn things around fast, develop this roster quickly in year 2. We were great in the past because we made our identity to be that we would out work our opponents and would be the most physical team. Time to get back to building OL, DL. This hire is crucial and important for this program to have any kind of future success.

Remember, this is Trev's decision and his hire will ultimately judge his tenure here. It needs to be a good one, or this fan base will be lost completely.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1