Who should our next HC be?

My acceptable hire list is getting shorter. We had all season to get this done. 

Prime

Rhule

Aranda

Fickell 

Kiffen

Would be good with any of these guys. My potential surprise would be Fickell. He can make considerably more here. He’s B1G material, fits what Trev is looking for, focuses on the LOS. Ryan Day is going nowhere. Plus Cincy in the Big 12 next year is more travel. His league is changing anyway so might as well step up to the B1G.  He can be good here for 5 years and then let’s see what happens. If he eventually goes to OSU it means he proved his chops in the B1G with us. Ryan Day could be at OSU another 10-15 years. Fickell is our rabbit out of the hat do not let him say no ala what USC did with Lincoln Riley. I’d say he could be offered $8-$9 million for 5 years. Cincy pays him what $5 million?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

My acceptable hire list is getting shorter. We had all season to get this done. 

Prime

Rhule

Aranda

Fickell 

Kiffen

Would be good with any of these guys. My potential surprise would be Fickell. He can make considerably more here. He’s B1G material, fits what Trev is looking for, focuses on the LOS. Ryan Day is going nowhere. Plus Cincy in the Big 12 next year is more travel. His league is changing anyway so might as well step up to the B1G.  He can be good here for 5 years and then let’s see what happens. If he eventually goes to OSU it means he proved his chops in the B1G with us. Ryan Day could be at OSU another 10-15 years. Fickell is our rabbit out of the hat do not let him say no ala what USC did with Lincoln Riley. I’d say he could be offered $8-$9 million for 5 years. Cincy pays him what $5 million?

No news on Aranda.  Maybe it is actually him.  I think Rhule is out.  NU would never go with Prime.  And we will regret it year 1.  Of those left, both Fickell and Kiff would be great hires. 

Maybe it'll be Klieman and we can start pronouncing Nebraska with a Z sound.  Like NebraZka.  Just like Bi-zon...I am good if it's him tbh.

And we need 25 more pages tonite.  Get to posting.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

My bet is that Trev is having trouble getting anybody to say "yes". It will never be admitted, but I am guessing that the eventual coach will be nowhere near his, or anybody elses first choice.

when you factor in that the new coach will get at least 6 mil per year + plus the 7 we gave to frost for no reason, we should have had no trouble hiring a top notch coach that we could have paid 13 mil in the 1st year.

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

No news on Aranda.  Maybe it is actually him.  I think Rhule is out.  NU would never go with Prime.  And we will regret it year 1.  Of those left, both Fickell and Kiff would be great hires. 

Maybe it'll be Klieman and we can start pronouncing Nebraska with a Z sound.  Like NebraZka.  Just like Bi-zon...I am good if it's him tbh.

And we need 25 more pages tonite.  Get to posting.

What if Lars Anderson is on to something and it's Joseph with V. Joseph as DC and Bienemy as OC?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3