Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Maybe Fickell realized OSU and ND have coaches that are doing well and are younger than him - so his chances at a midwest historical blue blood are few and far between. Come on Fick. 

Curious, I have never seen that quoted anywhere. When did he say that? What I found was he almost left for Michigan St but his family didn’t want that culture at the time which was a mess because of the scandal. He also turned down the opportunity for great jobs because his team was in the playoffs and the timing wasn’t right. I don’t blame him for seeing that one through. 

22 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

Curious, I have never seen that quoted anywhere. When did he say that? What I found was he almost left for Michigan St but his family didn’t want that culture at the time which was a mess because of the scandal. He also turned down the opportunity for great jobs because his team was in the playoffs and the timing wasn’t right. I don’t blame him for seeing that one through. 

Ohio St is his dream job for obvious reasons, that's no secret. ND because how important his Catholic faith is to him. I was speculating that maybe he would consider another midwest blue blood. 

1 minute ago, Snowmanandbandit said:

If Mickey gets the ASU job, Deion goes to Colorado and Nebraska hires O’Brien who has the best record next year?  My money is on Mickey in year 1. Deion wins 8 in year two and Nebraska makes a bowl in year 3. 

BoB is a high floor guy imo. I would feel super confident he goes bowling year 1. Its very hard to say what his ceiling is or if he would even stick around to find out but he is a great organizer and I think he could get things moving quickly. 

Deion is a super wildcard. Its possible he just lights it up but I think its just as likely he has some growing pains going up to p5 where he has worse talent than the teams he plays instead of much better talent where he is now. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If Nebraska did decide to pick Campbell would anybody on here still support Nebraska? 

I’d rather have him than Frost.
I’d be interested to know how much NIL money ISU is paying out compared to the rest of the conference. I’d guess it’s near the bottom and in this day and age, you need the $$. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

BoB is a high floor guy imo. I would feel super confident he goes bowling year 1. Its very hard to say what his ceiling is or if he would even stick around to find out but he is a great organizer and I think he could get things moving quickly. 

Deion is a super wildcard. Its possible he just lights it up but I think its just as likely he has some growing pains going up to p5 where he has worse talent than the teams he plays instead of much better talent where he is now. 

I agree with all of that. BOB will be solid but maybe not great. Deion with his recruiting will be messy but most likely good. Mickey is a leader and has some connections that might allow him to assemble a staff that far exceeds what the others will do. It will be interesting to watch it play out. 

26 minutes ago, Snowmanandbandit said:

I agree with all of that. BOB will be solid but maybe not great. Deion with his recruiting will be messy but most likely good. Mickey is a leader and has some connections that might allow him to assemble a staff that far exceeds what the others will do. It will be interesting to watch it play out. 

Thats not necessarily true on Deion Sanders. Deion is a leader as well and does have connections. You be crazy not to think that as well regardless of the coaches being there with him at Jackson State.