Who should our next HC be?

On 8/27/2022 at 10:21 PM, SE 0F RD said:

I 10000% wanted Frost to work, seemed like the perfect choice at the time.  But, here we are, looking at a potential coaching change.  So my question is, who do you realistically want Trev to go after?  Gundy?  Campbell?  Just curious of realistic names Husker Nation wants to go after.  

That was post #1 of well over 10 thousand, and now with over half a million views of this thread.  Every coaching change we've had has produced threads, but none like this one.  Somethings have changed that has made this an even bigger deal than all the other hires we've speculated on over the years.  I think it's the fall of Scott Frost after such extremely lofty expectations.  But there's something else, too. 

33 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Fickell is a Home run hire, that’s why I’m convinced we aren’t getting him. With multiple reports of Trev trying to go cheap and now names like Doeren and Bronco being floated, both of who are awful options. Adding to the fact that Trev fired Frost before the buyout date with no plan on who his guy was means he has been a failure. I don’t buy there isn’t an interest in Nebraska, I buy that we hired an AD who is as incompetent as his predecessors and botched this search.

Are we basing the “cheap” on the line rumor that Rhule didn’t accept an offer for his assistants??? or is there more out there? I have heard a few other rumors that I have not shared, but one was he has offered a HC candidate 10 mil / yr.  That isn’t being cheap

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HANC said:

Are we basing the “cheap” on the line rumor that Rhule didn’t accept an offer for his assistants??? or is there more out there? I have heard a few other rumors that I have not shared, but one was he has offered a HC candidate 10 mil / yr.  That isn’t being cheap

Its Urban, baby! LFG!

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Hagg said:

That was post #1 of well over 10 thousand, and now with over half a million views of this thread.  Every coaching change we've had has produced threads, but none like this one.  Somethings have changed that has made this an even bigger deal than all the other hires we've speculated on over the years.  I think it's the fall of Scott Frost after such extremely lofty expectations.  But there's something else, too. 

this thread has had much more time to fester than the others