Who should our next HC be?

Lots of swirl late in the hour. 
It seems like feast (don’t worry Trev got it right) or famine (sky falling Trev struck out).  
If it is famine then I would go Prime, you did your due diligence and now we truly need a game changer. Can’t avoid the inevitable. :bigredn:eon Deio:bigredn:!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

/thinks about starting a poll about whether posting a Lars Anderson tweet should be an automatic ban......

..... just kidding ....

...kind of....

Feel same about a couple of the Twitter accounts people keep posting like they actually know anything 

• Plus1 1

So besides the inability to win games (as has been our want for 6yrs) what are the negatives on MJ? 
….I’m my view he should've insisted Purdy pulled early against Minn, along with a run play called against Wisc on last drive last week. 
he should’ve insisted on taking more shots since he’s been the coach (more downfield shots).  He should’ve insisted we run some traps, draws, screens, and even some more trick plays. Basically, he should’ve taken more control of a losing season and just tried “pull out the stops” type of offense at least 2-4 times a game. So, he shoulda taken some control. Did he not do that cuz he can’t or cuz he’s just floating w what we have? 

On defense I think he should’ve insisted we bring more pressure, more press coverage. Disguise late pressure and be balls to the wall type defense. What is HIS actual philosophy? Did we see it play out over his interim? 

Positives:  he did bring a new fire into players on a lost season. I do think his players believe in him and want to play hard for him. We haven’t won enough close games (per as usual) but damn, what he took over I’m proud to still watch and cheer. He’s focused and has largely kept the team together and the recruiting class.  

he’s been blown out twice in his interim, won a couple and been damn close in a couple more. 

I don’t think he had to get to a bowl to deserve the job, I just use my eye test. My eyes tell me he’s doing juuuust good enough to be considered but not well enough to win the job. 
However, if given the stability of a 3yr contract let’s say, I think if he trims the fat (some coaches, S&C, some players)  and brings his players and full system of people as good or better than him; I think I would be okay w him being retained. Barely. 

so that’s my thoughts on Joseph. 

on the other hand, if we can get a guy in here who just absolutely capitalizes on the talent we have w his coaches, and has a clear and direct path for us to win 6-7 games (if we win 3 or our 1score games this year we are at 6 already) I’m down for that. 

Short story long, if it’s Joseph I’m barely okay w that but I think he’d do better than our last 2. 
But if it’s a coach that just f’ing coaches the details better and f’ing has a better buy in now and just grows and grows from there I’d take that. Can a new coach bring that? 

anyway we shake it, we’ll find out real soon if we have the talent most of us think we have (besides O&D lines, no one thinks we are good on those fronts) we will have a good idea if any coach can win more right away or if it’s a total rebuild. 

That was long but it’s my response to 700pages of following this thread 

• Plus1 2

I’ll take Mickey over bronco. How many of our “candidates” have gotten extensions over the last couple days? Who’s left fickle, Meyer, aranda and Kiffen? If it’s not one of those four, hire Mickey and give him a s#!t ton of money to hire the best assistants. Can’t be any worse than the last 15 years at this point.

• Fire 2
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Classic. New coach hasn’t even been named yet, expectedly, and Trev is already a massive failure. :lol:  You just can’t make this stuff up.

I mean shoot, yesterday we had people calling Trev just about every thing short of a f'in loser because of unsubstantiated contract compensation rumors. So, him pre-emptively being called a massive failure is on brand at this point.

Maybe we should just start making stuff up. It might actually end up being more level-headed and logical.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2