Who should our next HC be?

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I will say this, if we end up with michey (which i dont hate the idea) it will confirm that no one we wanted said yes.  And that is truly depressing.

From our discussions of this morning, Aranda, Meyer, Rhule and Fickell remain with DeBoer and now Leipold getting extensions. My optimism is wavering yet those could be positive indications. There was some speculation that Stoops wasn't entirely out of the picture (hard to imagine). Rhule could still be in the picture. 

4 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

This is like watching first round of the NFL draft when your team is picking 18th and they are somewhere in the teens, and the teams ahead of you are slowly depleting the draft board until you end up reaching for someone.

That's the vibe I'm getting from this :mellow:

It's worked for the Chiefs :)

• Plus1 1

Just now, M.A. said:

From our discussions of this morning, Aranda, Meyer, Rhule and Fickell remain with DeBoer and now Leipold getting extensions. My optimism is wavering yet those could be positive indications. There was some speculation that Stoops wasn't entirely out of the picture (hard to imagine). Rhule could still be in the picture. 

Here is my honest take.  I think anyone could improve things here, including Mickey.  I really want that splash hire, i really want that person that the rest of the country goes.  WOW they got him, that is amazing.  The national media did it with Riley,  We all pumped ourselves up with Frost.  But i want the rando Iowa, Ia State, Florida fan to say, wow you guys really got a good one.  The reason for that is because of that i think getting better recrutes will follow with that.  I am willing to take my licks on a 4 year rebuild with Campbell if necessary but i dont think it will net in the results we want.  And if thats the case then i would want to take a Gamble with mickey because we already know he can recruit, we just need him to turn over the play calling to people who know better.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Here is my honest take.  I think anyone could improve things here, including Mickey.  I really want that splash hire, i really want that person that the rest of the country goes.  WOW they got him, that is amazing.  The national media did it with Riley,  We all pumped ourselves up with Frost.  But i want the rando Iowa, Ia State, Florida fan to say, wow you guys really got a good one.  The reason for that is because of that i think getting better recrutes will follow with that.  I am willing to take my licks on a 4 year rebuild with Campbell if necessary but i dont think it will net in the results we want.  And if thats the case then i would want to take a Gamble with mickey because we already know he can recruit, we just need him to turn over the play calling to people who know better.  

The absolute best scenario IF it is Mickey, is to back up the Brinks truck for two bona fide proven coordinators and give them some autonomy.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 1