Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I dont know why you think that Campbell could bring the fan base together? He has lost value and nobody here except you would be excited for him to come. 

I agree he wouldn't, but I think he makes Nebraska bowl eligible in year one. His ceiling isn't insane by any means, but I think he raises our floor significantly and would do in one year what Scott couldn't do in two.

• Plus1 4

18 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Aranda

Fickell

Kiffen

Rhule

Would be good if it’s one of these guys. 
If not, then blow it up with Prime!  I don’t go lower than these 5. 

I'd love to be wrong on any of them.  

But:

1% chance

5%

1%

25% - though it's really hard to decipher this one (a couple of days ago I would have said 5%)

I could be totally pulling this out of my a$$.  But I do think Rhule was the main target until last week.  Then something definitely got in the way.  Could have been a couple of things but I think the most likely report was they couldn't get an agreement with Carolina on who was paying how much of his contract there.  But there seems to be some smoke now that he is back on the table.  Other coaches definitely coming off the table seems to indicate we have someone.  Perhaps we got something worked out here???

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I agree he wouldn't, but I think he makes Nebraska bowl eligible in year one. His ceiling isn't insane by any means, but I think he raises our floor significantly and would do in one year what Scott couldn't do in two.

Campbell couldn't even get his team to a bowl in his 7th year or whatever he's in right now

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Campbell couldn't even get his team to a bowl in his 7th year or whatever he's in right now

He can no longer attract talent there. NIL has affected everyone and it is going to kill off programs like ISU and the likes. It's happening to Northwestern if we are keeping it relevant to us.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I just read that Leipold is staying at Kansas. 

Clearly you have more of a life then the rest of us.  My boss is actually aware that i surf huskerboard daily until this coaching search is over.  I had to explain to him that being a hawkeye fan and having basically the same coach for 40 years he has no idea the attention this takes.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

He can no longer attract talent there. NIL has affected everyone and it is going to kill off programs like ISU and the likes. It's happening to Northwestern if we are keeping it relevant to us.  

I don't buy it. Sounds a lot like "look what he did at X school. Can you imagine what he could do with the resources here?!"

Pass.

I just want to go on record, before it is announced, and say that it will be Rhule.

Or Fickel….or Meyer.

This program simply cannot let it slip to a tier B name after the last 20 years. They have the bucks and they will spend whatever it takes. Personally, I think the BS with the Panthers saying $10M or forget it was just some misinformation. Do you really think they wouldn’t love to unload $8M/year of that liability?This program has already lost a generation to bad football.  It will cost them much more in the long run to bring in some lackluster dud than it will to get a very top candidate and the AD and major boosters have to understand this. I sure don’t think it’s any time to gamble with pissing off the fanbase. This will be a homerun hire. JMO

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 2

Just now, JJ Husker said:

I just want to go on record, before it is announced, and say that it will be Rhule.

Or Fickel….or Meyer.

This program simply cannot let it slip to a tier B name after the last 20 years. They have the bucks and they will spend whatever it takes. Personally, I think the BS with the Panthers saying $10M or forget it was just some misinformation. Do you really think they wouldn’t love to unload $8M/year of that liability?This program has already lost a generation to bad football.  It will cost them much more in the long run to bring in some lackluster dud than it will to get a very top candidate and the AD and major boosters have to understand this. I sure don’t think it’s any time to gamble with pissing off the fanbase. This will be a homerun hire. JMO

I've been optimistic this entire process. Yesterday with some of the narrative my confidence wavered some. But I think I agree with you. This hire just can't be a so-so hire. Trev has to inspire confidence and optimism in the fan base again.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1