Who should our next HC be?

I'm hearing Trev got his home run hire. He was able to lock down Satan *checks note* Sorry, Saban! Nick Saban. The hold up has been wether or not he'll wear a Stetson to endear himself to the simple folks of the planes or a possibly a Stormy Kromer hat for the winter, instead of his straw hat.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Do you think the pressure of this place was to much for him and thats when he stepped over the edge.

I think pressure played a part. He was talked into coming because I think deep down he was afraid of this outcome. He knew he wasn't ready or prepared for it, but the opportunity only comes once. Then, you tie that in with his personality type. The money, fame, and responsibility magnified the worst in him. And then you hear the stories right. 

He never had a solid plan for how Nebraska would improve. He had a horrible staff with him who were no good or could help.

I will say something else and this is my hunch. When Trev got hired, he knew he was done, and if he didn't know right away, it became obvious to him before the season started. I think he sabotaged the program to get his large buyout. He forced Trev to do it before the clause. The onside was enough to fire him. Chinander was screwing up the defense to get fired and paid. I know that seems kind of nuts, but money speaks and I think they were done. Busch's quick turnaround told me it was an easier adjustment and Chinander knew it but why would he you know? Also, those two aren't cool anymore and thats crazy because Chinander was a groomsman in his wedding. 

Mickey and Trev know there were and still are toxic coaches on the staff. Chinander had a b!^@h fit over Ashley Williams committing because he wasn't recruiting him. He wanted Cameron Lendhardt, and Scott ended up pulling Ashley's offer and giving Cameron the green light. This caused a wedge. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Losing a parent is pretty tough to go through at any age.

On a serious note, my wife is currently sobbing in the living room thinking about her dad who passed away 6 years ago.  Thanksgiving was his favorite holiday.  He also loved college football so its kinda a hard time for me, he always gave me s#!t being a husker fan.  So yea, your right it is very difficult, especially if you are really close to your parents (ive never had that luxury).  She did do some crazy stuff after he passed, life is difficult for all of us sometimes.

Anyways, back to pondering the next potential coach/coach on the hot seat.  Thats a good point, is the nebraska job such a hot seat that its already warm when the next guy sits down.

• Plus1 5

19 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Do you think the pressure of this place was to much for him and thats when he stepped over the edge.

6 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I think pressure played a part. He was talked into coming because I think deep down he was afraid of this outcome. He knew he wasn't ready or prepared for it, but the opportunity only comes once. Then, you tie that in with his personality type. The money, fame, and responsibility magnified the worst in him. And then you hear the stories right. 

He never had a solid plan for how Nebraska would improve. He had a horrible staff with him who were no good or could help.

IMO he didn't do enough of the little things right. I can only speculate as to what that entailed, but based on the stories that came out and the performances we saw on the field, it's clear that the culture, attention to detail, and leadership just wasn't where it needed to be.

Who really knows. There also could've been a measure of apathy and dejection that set in some point. Year after year of failures on the field, the mounting pressure. It was also probably a little embarrassing/humiliating to be in a situation where you probably should be fired, everybody knows it, but instead half your staff is going to be fired and you're going to get one more shot. We all basically knew he was part of the problem.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I will say something else and this is my hunch. When Trev got hired, he knew he was done, and if he didn't know right away, it became obvious to him before the season started. I think he sabotaged the program to get his large buyout. He forced Trev to do it before the clause. The onside was enough to fire him. Chinander was screwing up the defense to get fired and paid. I know that seems kind of nuts, but money speaks and I think they were done. Busch's quick turnaround told me it was an easier adjustment and Chinander knew it but why would would he you know? Also, those two aren't cool anymore and thats crazy because Chinander was a groomsman in his wedding. 

Mickey and Trev know there were and still are toxic coaches on the staff. Chinander had a b!^@h fit over Ashley Williams committing because he wasn't recruiting him. He wanted Cameron Lendhardt, and Scott ended up pulling Ashley's offer and giving Cameron the green light. This caused a wedge. 

Scott thought he had all the answers. Didn't have any to what he was confronted. Overwhelmed with an under-qualified staff. Underestimated the conference. Right out of the gate he didn't think that he could get the players here to run his system. Pointed a lot of fingers. Did he ever acknowledge that he might be part of the problem? Funny how he was always talking about culture! The pressure got to him. I'll bet there were more than a few of his head coaching peers that laughed at his incompetence and arrogance. Saban probably still chuckles.  

I don't know about the sabotaging part. I think their sabotage was a natural byproduct of mostly being well out of their league. 

Lance Leipold is probably ten times the man that Scott will ever be and at least three times the coach. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Enhance said:

IMO he didn't do enough of the little things right. I can only speculate as to what that entailed, but based on the stories that came out and the performances we saw on the field, it's clear that the culture, attention to detail, and leadership just wasn't where it needed to be.

Who really knows. There also could've been a measure of apathy and dejection that set in some point. Year after year of failures on the field, the mounting pressure. It was also probably a little embarrassing/humiliating to be in a situation where you probably should be fired, everybody knows it, but instead half your staff is going to be fired and you're going to get one more shot. We all basically knew he was part of the problem.

His dad, covid, new baby at home, wife...postpartum?, trying to be home to support his new baby mama and the baby and rebuild the team, Akron getting canceled, NIL, transfer portal, the list goes on and on. At some point its quicksand that pulls you under with it. The harder you fight the faster you drown. Ultimately, I think he ended up suffering from depression. 

I'll say over and over. I guarantee he probably wishes he stayed at UCF for 5 more years, until the guy we would have hired in his place had failed. Just wrong time in his life to take on such a huge fix. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1