Who should our next HC be?

9 minutes ago, 3gunhusker said:

More like a ground rule double.  Urban for the win!

At this point in their careers Fickell > Urban. 

Just now, Cornfed said:

At this point in their careers Fickell > Urban. 

…sure would be happy with either tho. 

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

I read somewhere that the agency Nebraska is using is also the same agency that placed Luke Fickell with Cincinnati.  I’m calling my last shot.  Fickell to Nebraska! To me it’s a homerun hire.

I am suspecting it could be Fickell also. Lots of silence around him. We sure could up his pay substantially.  I think he wants to be in the B1G not Big 12.  I think Cincy moving to the Big 12 plays a part. He’s changing conferences anyway so take the big raise. Gives us pipeline into Ohio to win the west. Very big on winning the LOS where we need rebuilds. He can’t wait for OSU to open which looks like could be a long ride with Ryan Day.  I think he also sees what happens with guys like Campbell who may have a hot year but once they don’t win at smaller schools their stock craters. No better time to rebuild a blue blood vs staying at Cincy where you’re not really noticed unless you are undefeated.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

if rhule had just accepted the job, i don't think he'd be doing media appearances. he'd have a lot to be figuring out before being introduced as coach.

i feel like fickell was waiting for a better job to come available, and it never happened. so maybe he will end up being the guy we end up with.

I would imagine it is annoying to be playing second fiddle to ohio state. at nebraska he gets to build his own thing.

i think there's several guys we could get as backup options.

So I know alot of people on this board are high on Luke Fickell. I know about his success from his time at Cincinnati but I really never truly followed him. So my question to Husker Nation for my understanding what does he bring as a coach? What type of style of offense and defense does he run? Do you think if he is hired he brings his whole coaching staff with him or he knows other position coaches from other schools to where you feel like they can make a impact? Im not trying to knock him in any way just trying to understand. If he does decide to bring his whole staff here do you feel like its another SF situation all over again?

• Haha 1

With nobody really wanting the job, I hear rumblings that Brian Ferentz may be moving to Lincoln, but not until his powerhouse offense at Iowa completes their bid for the B1G Championship. There may be more chance of this happening than an Urban, Sanders, or Fickel. We would sure miss Brian, but we would be good with the decision so that you would at least have a head coach.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Has coach Prime signed an extension?  Can't wait for him to be named coach at Nebraska and watch people lose their minds.  

Sound's like Prime is in some hot water over a poorly run childrens prep school. He's not likely a candidate at a p5 at this time. That will need to blow over in my opinion. Also undermines his self declared, "I always win," mentality.

1 minute ago, CyHawk said:

With nobody really wanting the job, I hear rumblings that Brian Ferentz may be moving to Lincoln, but not until his powerhouse offense at Iowa completes their bid for the B1G Championship. There may be more chance of this happening than an Urban, Sanders, or Fickel. We would sure miss Brian, but we would be good with the decision so that you would at least have a head coach.

Does anybody hear something? Me either.