Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is like the 50th sure thing this guy has tweeted.  

On a MJ note, I did read this and thought it speaks volumes as to who ever our new HC will be.  You have to know your audience (conference).

You have to really adapt to the conference. "Your team has to kind of look like the team you play every week, and you have to surround yourself with people that understand or see it through their eyes, and see it from the balcony and not the basement."

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, lo country said:

This is like the 50th sure thing this guy has tweeted.  

On a MJ note, I did read this and thought it speaks volumes as to who ever our new HC will be.  You have to know your audience (conference).

You have to really adapt to the conference. "Your team has to kind of look like the team you play every week, and you have to surround yourself with people that understand or see it through their eyes, and see it from the balcony and not the basement."

It's also a not-so-thinly veiled shot at his former boss.  That along with the quote BRB showed about recruiting in Nebraska.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It's also a not-so-thinly veiled shot at his former boss.  That along with the quote BRB showed about recruiting in Nebraska.

Agreed.  Other comments in the article that were along that line.  I gather that MJ, while grateful to come back to NU, was not a fan of the how the team was being coached or of Frost.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, lo country said:

Agreed.  Other comments in the article that were along that line.  I gather that MJ, while grateful to come back to NU, was not a fan of the how the team was being coached or of Frost.

MJ was probably shocked at how unprofessional everything was ran at NU under Frost, and frankly pissed off as time went on.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I'm very much ok with MJ getting the permanent title but I've said that multiple times in this thread. What shocks me is the rumored concern potential coaches have about the state of the program. Is this program really in such disarray? 

I think the program is in an incredibly difficult spot.

Just from the Roster standpoint alone, there appear to be 30 or more players that are MAC level players.

Overhauling the roster and simultaneously trying to get to 6 wins is going to be difficult for the next coach. They aren't exactly being handed a team full of young talent. Nebraska's roster is both young and untalented. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Please don't do this - don't label a women as "postpartum?" just because she has a small child or two at home.  Unless you are her clinician thats not your place.  The fact that she was managing 1-3 little ones (I think they had three this final year) or the fact that she was doing it all alone because her husband was drinking and drugging and screwing coeds in addition to being the most visible man in the state plays no part in him being a failure.  

It' was a HUGE job, and like a lot of people, Scott had a lot going on personally.  In addition to his high stress job that required lots of hours and visibility, he was still choosing to spend time at places besides work or home, and in what sounds to be an "effected" state.   A more mature, less narcissistic person would have tried to find help before the inevitable crash and burn.  I'm assuming some around him personally or at work tried to get him to do this, or at least I hope he had good people in his life that recognized the state he was in.  It would have made for a softer landing for sure. 

Scott's behaviors and decisions were why he got fired, it wasn't because his wife had a baby.

1) Becoming a father means more than "a wife having a baby." Maybe you're not a father, or maybe you're from a different era where your wife popped the baby out and if you were even in the room, it was back to work the next day. In today's world the father is expected to be present, to help, to take turns getting up in the middle of the night to change/ feed the baby. So hell yeah, it likely impacted his work. The sleep deprivation alone sucks. His wife didn't just "have a baby," he became a father huge freaking difference. 

2) Post partum is a thing. I didn't say she had it, I suggested it was possible his wife experienced post partum. My wife did, multiple friends of mine had wives who did. Its a thing every loving husband needs to be on the lookout for, and it impacts more women than many people expect.  

3) I listed becoming a father as ONE factor out of many that impacted his work. 

4) What a hypocritical post. "Unless you are her clinician thats not your place..... A more mature, less narcissistic person" I suggested a possibility. You flat out diagnosed Frost with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Apparently you are his clinician? What's more- unless you know for a FACT that the activities you mentioned happened, you are engaging in libelous behavior. 

5) Lastly, men are taught it is not our place to seek help. We are taught it is our job to handle our issues ourselves, while being there for everyone else in our household. And unless you've ever experienced clinically diagnosed depression, you have no idea how hard it is to "self recognize," and "find help." 

• Fire 1