Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

I don't really agree that this year's Nebraska team should have done the two things you mention in reference to Wisconsin. Those are always solid teams on fundamentals, and we aren't, backup QB for the opponent or not.

But Northwestern & Georgia Southern are not better teams than we are. Hell, Northwestern has one win...and it was against us. They'll go 1-11.

I dunno man. To me, losing when you’re up 11 in the 4th, at home, with the wind swirling against a one dimensional offense is simply inexcusable. 

• Plus1 2

I don't blame Joseph for the way this season has gone and our losing streak, but the Wisconsin game was a bad look. It felt like the same old, same old. Of course there is some interest in wondering what he could do with more time, better assistants, a recruiting class, as he has done a good job of keeping the players competing and still fighting for something (Except for the offensive line). I just think if he gets announced as head coach it won't be all that exciting because these past 2 months have felt like the same old thing on repeat, even though he largely is trying to hold together scraps.

59 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I agree- some competent coaching will go a long way to solving our illness.   Not just the HC but across the assistant coaching spectrum. Frankly, no pun intended, Frank had the last fully competent staff in his earlier years.   Then attrition occurred.   Bo's staff was hit and miss and up and down.  About what you would expect from a first time HC. 

MR group really had issues and we spent the last 5 years watching SF staff struggle being on this level.

That is why I hope and expect the next HC to be someone who builds a quality staff of guys who know how to develop players.  I am hoping it is Rhule or Fickell. 

Then, just think about the horrible boneheaded in game decisions that have been throughout Frost’s tenure that directly lead to losses.