Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Agreed.

Somewhat tangentially related, your post reminded me of the 'rebuild' narrative that's been fairly prevalent. To some degree, yes, I do think Nebraska needs a sort of ground-up approach to becoming a successful program again. However, I also think that in today's college football world, you can get a program back on track with the right coach in just one recruiting cycle. This team could easily be bowl eligible next year, and divisional contenders/winners the following year. It's absolutely achievable with the portal.

Obviously, I'm not saying that it will happen. But I don't think they're 4-5 years out from being relevant. Relevancy can come at you fast with the right people in place.

I have been one pushing the "rebuild" narrative, but I also agree that it can happen quicker than a lot (even myself) of people think.  The right coach can potentially get the current roster bought-in quickly, and fill holes via the transfer portal or JUCO transfers.  The right coach should also be thinking about the long-term and be focused on building the team via high school recruiting and developing those players.  I think you and me are aligned in that a good/great coach can see short-term improvement and build a sustainable program for the long-term.

• TBH 1

6 minutes ago, 1HuskerDad said:

Rumor heating up it is Matt Rhule after all….

All guesses.  Nobody knows.  Especially the annoying 1620 dudes who will all say , “yep that’s where my sources were leaning” after the announcement is made. 

edit:  And their “sources” are the very message boards that they make fun of on air.  1620 guys all say that they “cannot wait until this drama is over” yet they are the ones who spew all the drama.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
4 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

All guesses.  Nobody knows.  Especially the annoying 1620 dudes who will all say , “yep that’s where my sources were leaning” after the announcement is made. 

Right now, they are saying that Matt Rhule is a smokescreen once the negotiations fell through.. 1620 guys that is….Leaning towards Fickell ….

but the 590 guys on Hail Varsity are just like the rest of us and media…no clue, but leaning Rhule yesterday. We will see what today brings

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

edit:  And their “sources” are the very message boards that they make fun of on air.  1620 guys all say that they “cannot wait until this drama is over” yet they are the ones who spew all the drama.  

I really enjoy listening to 93.7 in Lincoln.  Can’t stand John Baylor….but that’s off the 719 page subject at hand! HA

14 minutes ago, HANC said:

Right now, they are saying that Matt Rhule is a smokescreen once the negotiations fell through.. 1620 guys that is….Leaning towards Fickell ….

but the 590 guys on Hail Varsity are just like the rest of us and media…no clue, but leaning Rhule yesterday. We will see what today brings

If it comes down to Rhule or Fickell

Im Ok With This GIFs | Tenor

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

If it comes down to Rhule or Fickell

Im Ok With This GIFs | Tenor

Fickell — I understand the logic.

Rhule ??  Matt Rhule ??

ok, you’re Trev Alberts, the man with the plan, the next Savior in line at Nebraska, being trusted with the most important decision of your football life …. Chillin’ at home on 10/10 watching Sports Center and they say “Panthers fire Rhule today…”

a good 30 days after you fired Frost and now at that point you’re like “oh $hit.. I just found my guy !  

• TBH 1