Who should our next HC be?

19 hours ago, HuskerJax said:

I live in Michigan and my son is the best kicker in the state. Ol’ jimmy harbaugh was spending the night last night to recruit my son. He saw my huskers sweatshirt and said, and I quote, “I bet you are very excited about urban being the new coach. I am personally s#!tting my pants”. True story

Is your son Draymond Green? Just saying, he went to Sparty

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I will play along.........is Rhule a good fit and or option for this program?  Aranda has benefited from his recruiting.  Can he recruit to a Big 10? 

While I do think he is a good coach, I wonder if he is ready for the work that needs done here.  Coaching is one thing, but developing talent is another.  How long do we think Franklin stays at Penn ST?  I really think that we don't get Rhule and wonder if we really want him if there is a chance he leaves for Penn ST.

If we do land rhule and leaves for penn st in a few years then thats a good problem to have because its prolly indicative of him having success here if psu would grab him.

to answer your question on Rhule the coach.  Rhule has a very solid reputation from Texas hs coaches across the board that raved about his presence and approach to recruiting.  Additionally, Rhule also has a solid track record of developing guys in college, both at temple and baylor, that made the pros despite not being well known out of hs.  Lastly, he's known as a top notch culture guy.

Quick summary that isn't needed but thought was related to what I outlined on Rhule:

Things Nebraska has absolutely failed at the past 10 years:

• Having a coherent and consistent recruiting strategy and presence
  • Developing talent the second it steps on campus that will succeed in your system
  • Having a winning culture, team spirit and cohesion.  

I'll be ecstatic if Rhule is in Lincoln.  

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Fickell — I understand the logic.

Rhule ??  Matt Rhule ??

ok, you’re Trev Alberts, the man with the plan, the next Savior in line at Nebraska, being trusted with the most important decision of your football life …. Chillin’ at home on 10/10 watching Sports Center and they say “Panthers fire Rhule today…”

a good 30 days after you fired Frost and now at that point you’re like “oh $hit.. I just found my guy !  

Underrated post.  This has been a hung up on me believing that Rhule is the guy.  Trev had a list last year, and had a list the day that Frost was fired.  Have a hard time thinking he was on either one of those.  Now I understand things move quickly but you have to believe that Trev was deep in the process with other candidates before he was even fired from Carolina.  Here's another thing I'll mention.  The smoke on Rhule does no harm to any current coach or team.  I say this knowing full well but that all signs are pointing to him being the guy.  But I still see him as a very good smokescreen to keep the pressure off a sitting coach and I won't believe anything until it is announced.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Cincinnati's Luke Fickell turns down Michigan State football coaching job

Cincinnati football coach Luke Fickell will not be Michigan State's next head coach.

Fickell has decided to stay with the Bearcats, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told the Free Press. Pete Thamel of Yahoo Sports was first to report the news. 

Michigan State athletic director Bill Beekman and members of the MSU search party interviewed Fickell in Cincinnati on Sunday, but they returned to Capital Region International Airport in Lansing without a new head coach. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2020/02/10/luke-fickell-michigan-state-football/4711965002/

Yep, and he also could have taken the Notre Dame job when Brian Kelley left for LSU. 

After that I felt that Fickell doesn't  want a hot seat pressure cooker job (Michigan State, Notre Dame, Nebraska...) and I doubt he would wait forever to go back to Ohio State.  

But, if Franklin leaves Penn State soon, I can see him considering that job.

They are next to Ohio, don't have a must-win rival, and can win 9-10 a year without the media and fan pressure.  In fact, they will continue to have the benefit of one foot in the top 25 with a playoff invite ceiling.